Worcester Combi boiler not firing up | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester Combi boiler not firing up in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LiverpoolBoy85

Hello,

Wondering if you could give help to give me an idea as to what could be wrong with my boiler before the gas man comes out to fix it.

It started going wrong when the central heating and hot water were being used at the same time, the boiler would cut out and then start flashing.

Now it won't work at all, it will occasionally fire up for a couple of mins, and the radiators get Luke warm, but after a short time the burner light flashes on and off and then it cuts out and the warning light starts flashing.

It then won't do anything for about half an hour when it will just do the same again.

Ii really just want a couple of ideas as to what it could be and if possible how much is it likely to cost me.

Thank you in advance

Poss the main pcb worcester junior known for it , expensive part. If money is tight call worcester for fixd price repair, you can spread the cost of repair and will get 12 mth warranty on boiler. :27:

Could be any number of things based on this brief explanation. An engineer will need to look at it.

Not knowing the make or model or what kind of heating system you have kind of makes it difficult to give you any clue what so ever to be honest. A bit more info on your heating boiler may help :) :welcome: to the forum, by-the-way :)

Hello again,

Thank you for your replys so far. The boiler model is a worceter 24Si II.

When it's firing up the burner light comes on for about a minute then blinks off and back on again about every 10 seconds until it finally Just goes off for good.

Could be a mutitude of possibilities associated with ignition maybe by sounds of it. All you can do is check that your gas is turned on to be honest ... :)

When was it last serviced?

What difference does that make?

I have this boiler in my house, the only repair I've had in 6 yrs is a faulty pcb, the relay on the pcb's are known to stick intermittently. IMO that's most likely your fault. If it is a pcb fault then no amount of servicing would help

What difference does that make?

I have this boiler in my house, the only repair I've had in 6 yrs is a faulty pcb, the relay on the pcb's are known to stick intermittently. IMO that's most likely your fault. If it is a pcb fault then no amount of servicing would help

If the boiler hasn't been serviced in a long while there could be a build up of debris on the sensing electrodes, leaks from the heat exchanger corroding the burner, poor combustion. In fact all sorts of issues. Next time I get called to a boiler fault I'll just change the pcb shall I without checking to see if a clean up and service would solve the problem. When fault finding a boiler it's best to get all the pertinent information not just change components because there is a known fault that may not be the issue.

If the boiler hasn't been serviced in a long while there could be a build up of debris on the sensing electrodes, leaks from the heat exchanger corroding the burner, poor combustion. In fact all sorts of issues. Next time I get called to a boiler fault I'll just change the pcb shall I without checking to see if a clean up and service would solve the problem. When fault finding a boiler it's best to get all the pertinent information not just change components because there is a known fault that may not be the issue.

No, next time u get called to a faulty boiler just repair the fault, if I had a penny for every time a cust said "its went faulty but it was only serviced last week by so and so" then I'd be a very wealthy man. That qoute above does my nut. If for instance it's an old suited up back boiler then yes servicing/cleaning will repair that fault, of course it will.

Servicing a boiler once a yr is for safety and the general working of the appliance.
Repairs are to fix faults that appear in the interim period between servicing.

The problem is the interim period between services can easily be 10 years. Without looking at an appliance how are we to know what sort of condition it is in? In an ideal world every gas appliance would be checked annually but this just doesn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
R
Hi, The outlet of all my radiators are at...
Replies
Views
Renato
R
Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
The condensate pipe might be sharing the drain...
Replies
Views
Billy Boiler
B
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
Back