Worcester Combi Boiler (OIL) Hot Watter issue | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester Combi Boiler (OIL) Hot Watter issue in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Starship1

Can anyone please offer some advise. I have a Worcester Combi Boiler oil heatslave 15/19.At the moment my hot water is almost non existent, just trickling out, fair pressure from the cold. I have had this issue in the past, after which I had a new heat exchanger fitted, solved the issue, later because I had to have another fitted with in the year and told my water was very hard, after the second fitting of a heat exchanger I fitted a combi mate, worked well and later fitted a water softener. Haven't had any issues for about 3 years, but now all of a sudden it seems the problem has returned. Before I go out shopping, can anyone tell me if it could be something else causing the problem, or is it most likely to be another heat exchanger change. Thank you in advance...

Sounds like the heat exchanger but could be the heating side of it. Have you ever had your system power flushed or a magnetic filter fitted. Before you go buying a heat exchanger get a qualified often technician to diagnose. Will be cheaper than throwing parts at it.

Not familiar with your boiler, however if the flow rate through the hot taps has reduced then it does indicate a restriction somewhere. If your cold supply isn't affected then I'd be honing in on the boiler. It could be a filter blockage, if it has one or, as before, scale build up. Is your water softner still effective? My be worth checking?

Thanks guys. Softener working ok. The filter I suspect is the one at the mains inlet of heat exchanger. Boiler now stopped firing up. All cold water is supplied to taps via mains.

Update. No filter found. after watching some youtube clips it might be possibly be the capacitor, however I don't know where it is. Unless anyone has any other ideas. Trying to get a plumber out is near impossible.

try looking for an oil boiler technician rather than a plumber

Boiler man came out today on his way home, a switch under the control area reset the system. As the heating side had not been used for so long, a unit had seized up. a quick fix and all is running now. However as he was in a hurry and had not got the time today he was only able to do the fix., at least we have heating and hot water now. I am a little concerned on the hot water running into the sinks and bath, it does not seem to have that much pressure, running very slowly. I have given this some thought and my next question is, I have mains running through a combi mate and then through the water softener, could this restrict the flow ?, would it be better to by pass the combi mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Probably temperature sensor or thermistor that...
Replies
Views
Reply was much appreciated, thank you.
Replies
Views
Apologies for not attaching photos but many...
Replies
Views
My first thought when I heard this fault a...
Replies
Views
Back