Worcester Combi Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester Combi Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andrewstokes87

I got asked to do a quote for a customer yesterday and the customer requested a worcester boiler as they have been told its the best, basically it is a 3 bed house with one bathroom I am just wondering which model would be best value for money as I haven't installed many of these. I know there is the junior, si and cdi I am just not sure if any are worth avoiding etc... The second issue I have is that the system currently installed is a one pipe system, would this affect the warranty? And also as it is single pipe TRV'S cant be installed so would this also void the warranty?

the system will have to be upgraded along with the boiler install, you have to notify the installation anyway and a 1 piped system with no TRVS is not really energy effcient

Yes I know its not really efficient with out trv's but obviously they cant be installed on a one pipe system due to the fact if you shut one radiator of or down it will effect all the radiators further down the system. The customer does not want to have all the pipework changed as it will mean pretty much turning there house upside dow they just want to have a new boiler which will be more reliable than the one they currently have installed.

i think you can install it and make a note that customer did not want system upgraded and then it covers your own back, you can still fit room stat to provide boiler interlock

There is no need to uprage the system, it will work fine on a one pipe system. It just wont be as efficienct as a two pipe system. I would avoid TRV's as not all the radiators can be closed without affecting others depending on the pipework. Unless you can trace the pipework I would leave them off as some rads will be a loop in the system.

A 30si would be a good choice, easier than the CDI to install and smaller. Comes with a 5 year warranty as standard aswell until the end of december.

Id fit a 25 or 30 si better flow rate with the 30 though, dont fit Juniors as there is no control over the hot water temp comes preset at 55c i think from Worcester and as MFGS five year warrenty till december as well as long as it is serviced everyear. I personaly love the worcesters all i fit nice and easy to install and lift

The 5 year guarantee applies to Si and CDi boilers, not the Juniors. I'd agree that the 30Si is the one to go for. Have you checked incoming pressure? For some reason the 30Si needs a minimum of 2 bar for full flow rates to be achieved.

25 Si, but a 1 pipe system? Really? You might be best ringing up their technical or sales to make sure you will be ok installing it on this before buying.

They work fine on a one pipe system, I have fitted them before. They just arent as efficient as they dont condense as much due to the return temperatures.

Thanks for all your advice, I have spoke to worcester with regards to installing there boilers on a one pipe system and they have said thats fine the only issue which I may have is TRV's as they are required by building regs, but if I put down the customer did not want these then I am sure it not be an issue until the customer comes to selling there house which they can then upgrade if needs be?

Thanks for all your advice, I have spoke to worcester with regards to installing there boilers on a one pipe system and they have said thats fine the only issue which I may have is TRV's as they are required by building regs, but if I put down the customer did not want these then I am sure it not be an issue until the customer comes to selling there house which they can then upgrade if needs be?
as said it will work ok, standard trvs dont work very well on one pipe systems, they need tob e special ones with a bigger internal bore and then fitted to swept tees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A
I looked up the faults out of curiosity as I...
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
GREENSTAR CDi CLASSIC Worcester Bosch...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
It seems to be a case of having to watch and...
Replies
Views
Back