Worcester Greensafe 30 HE boiler - Central Heating Problem | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester Greensafe 30 HE boiler - Central Heating Problem in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

loki2120

Just had my Worcester 30 HE boiler installed after it has been sitting in my spare room for 18 months ( uninstalled from previous house ). Everything is working perfectly apart from the cental heating will not switch on. Boiler is running at the rite temp, bar pressure is perfect, showing no error codes, no problem with hot water. There is no timer or thermostat fitted as the boiler is always run in comfort mode, so no need for them.

All the radiators are new and have been flushed and blead.

The cental heating switches on when i press the Chimney Sweep button, think this cleans the system out. The boiler heats up to about 94 degrees and everything works perfect, all the radiators or red hot. Once the cycle has finished central heating switches off and radiators go off.

Can anyone offer any advice on what could be the problem

Hello, I am not a plumber (or even a person with much of a clue about plumbing) and by now you may well have sorted your problem. But just in case, I have a Worcester Bosch (oil fired) Greenstar Heatslave external boiler and twice I have had to call Worcester Bosch out because the heating stopped working. The boiler was firing and the hot water was fine. Each time it was the same fault. A part had failed which they know to be unreliable. Your boiler is different to mine and it may not even be a combi boiler, but if it is, there is a chance you also have a similar dodgy part. I don't know what the part was called, but I know it was a valve which is supposed to close by gravity and it was getting stuck in the open position, sending out the wrong signal. A hefty thump on the boiler casing put it right on one occasion, but the part needed replacing twice as it was faulty. As your boiler had been stored unused for a while I thought it possible you might also have a sticky valve!

I am afraid I am probably the blind leading the sighted, but thought it wouldn't hurt to offer up my experience!

the chimney sweep button if for the engineers when carrying out services and parameter changes etc, did you randomly bash buttons on the front of the boiler???? you could have changed some parameter settings.

I though that button activated the automatic flue cleaning system that stops the heating working??

Have you put the call loop in?
Do you have a clock or thermostat etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the chimney sweep button is to allow engineers to get full burner when carrying out gas rates and flue analysis. i would check your wiring for the timer as it doesnt seem to sense a signal for heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Ok great...really hoping it wasn't a leak.
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Yeah I think there was loose wiring in the...
Replies
Views
Mine is 35 years old and the system doesn't...
Replies
Views
Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
Back