Worcester greenstar 18ri heat exchanger/heat cell | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester greenstar 18ri heat exchanger/heat cell in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Plumber says the heat exchanger aluminium baffles are breaking down and blocking the pipe which he showed me,now the question is do I change the heat cell or go for a new boiler.
My boiler is 13 years old.

Can you get them out ?

I probally could trouble is im not as confident as i was 15 years ago ( im 73 now)i was just trying to get some feedback on wether to renew boiler or renew heat cell.these new boilers dont seem to last that long the one i had before lasted less than 3 years.

Not worth a new hex + labour imo however there is a market for refurbished hex units, I'd consider that.

I'm not endorsing this seller, just saying they are available.

Not worth a new hex + labour imo however there is a market for refurbished hex units, I'd consider that.

don't know if I would use one but that's pretty cheap.

thanks i would have considered a refurb because when i looked at the new price it was £400+.

Worcester fixed price repair around the 275 mark will change it

Yep passed two last month due to them not being serviced properly broken the top hook of a spring baffle

Similar plumbing topics

Its a Combi. Its a Worcester Bosch Greenstar...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
It’s the first to clog due to the small...
Replies
Views
What exactly do you mean by it wasn't...
Replies
Views
Back