worcester greenstar 24 & 28 i junior. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss worcester greenstar 24 & 28 i junior. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am finding that when doing services on these boilers, the co2 % levels on max and min always need adjusted, are you finding this or is it just me

i'll take that as it is nothing to worry about,just part of the checking , re- settig procedure.have you heard of a boiler halstead ace high flow ?got a complaint of it developing loudbangs,noises from pipe work

i'll take that as it is nothing to worry about,just part of the checking , re- settig procedure.have you heard of a boiler halstead ace high flow ?got a complaint of it developing loudbangs,noises from pipe work
yes its probably the older ace high,pump could be on the way out,or it could be corroded internally easy boiler to work on

Only ever easy when you know how matey :) :lol: IMHO You got too many years behind you. lol

try the pump desrob it could be quite weak,its a standard grundfos the boiler could be full of sludge or the working pressures could be out,if it does turn out to be the pump heating world of spares are the cheapest for 6 mtr grundfos at the mo

yes its probably the older ace high,pump could be on the way out,or it could be corroded internally easy boiler to work on
yeah on it mate done some research,but it seems to be a sysyem problem,the punter mentioned traped air..?but your bang on the pumps my first port of call.... another one...? has anyone heard of a tadpole(some thing to do with removing air from systems)..?

yeah on it mate done some research,but it seems to be a sysyem problem,the punter mentioned traped air..?but your bang on the pumps my first port of call.... another one...? has anyone heard of a tadpole(some thing to do with removing air from systems)..?
never heard of a tadpole,have heard of and fitted air separaters but only on gravity heat only boilers

I'm not an expert, but the tadpole seems to be a device that you install between the boiler and pump of a central heating system and it removes dissolved air from the water, not the visible air bubbles, but air actually dissolved in the water, and that causes the water to heat up faster, use less fuel, saves money, etc etc.
Seems to cost £195, designed in Yorkshire, I know what it does, but I can't find out how it does it. Looks like it has been around since at least 2007 - a long time considering not many have heard of it.

Sorry old thread.

I fitted a tadpole about 18 months ago on my Greenstar junior 24i. Seems to work from an energy efficiency point of view. We have turned the heating loop temp settings down at the boiler since install with no noticeable difference to heat-up time. I recorded the first 20 minutes gas consumption on the boiler a number of times pre and post install (with the heating loop at max and thermostat set so that it will be calling for heat constantly). The gas consumption was 6-8% less after install.

I am planning to move a couple of rads in the summer and will be interested to see if there has been much sludge build-up in the system if there is no air in the water.

theres always air in your water, after all its made of H and O and the effects of heat and corrosion break it down into gases made of Hydrogen and Oxygen

If that is correct and this bit of kit I have is constantly working. Which I assume it is because it is a permanent part of the heating loop. Then I should be noticing a slow but continuous drop in pressure shouldn't I? The pressure seemed to stop dropping just a few days after fitting and I have not needed to top it up since.

Although having said that I have just looked at manufacturer's website and their testing (not sure how impartial that would be) states that it gets the dissolved oxygen in the water down to as low as 0.2ppm-0.5ppm, so there is still some air left in the system.

When I were look for a air seperators I go straight spirovent as they have been doing them for a looooong time, and seem to do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

T
  • Question
If you turned the boiler off it’s not the...
Replies
Views
If you have the right temperature rise for the...
Replies
Views
Could be right above the boiler pipework or...
Replies
Views
Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
Back