Worcester Greenstar 24i issue | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester Greenstar 24i issue in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hello - just wondering if anyone has any ideas why my Worcester 24i combi boiler doesn't heat the central heating water? It heats the tap water just fine but when the demand comes in from the room thermostat for the central heating to turn on - nothing happens... I've checked the demand from the thermostat is reaching the circuit board (240VAC upon request). I can see the diverter valve moving up and down during switch-on, so that seems OK, I've changed the mains circuit board so that doesn't seem to be the problem either. The blue indicator light is on steady and doesn't flash to show any errors. What I've noticed is that if I put the unit into 'maintenance mode' the central heating works and the radiators get hot, so it seems that the basic functionality of the system is OK... I suspect I have a faulty sensor somewhere but looking at the circuit diagram, I can't see an obvious culprit....

Any thoughts anyone?

PS I think the gaskets at the top and bottom of the heat exchanger may need replacing as they are 'oozing' out (see pics)- but not sure this has anything to do with my CH problem?

Attachments

• IMG_0925.jpg
    IMG_0925.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0926.jpg
    IMG_0926.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0927.jpg
    IMG_0927.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 39
I think you’re boiler needs a service with the condition of those gaskets. I also urge you to stop messing around with a gas appliance. Did you perform a flue integrity check on the boiler after removing the cover? It’s a public open forum, it prevents us giving gas related advice to diy.

I think you’re boiler needs a service with the condition of those gaskets. I also urge you to stop messing around with a gas appliance. Did you perform a flue integrity check on the boiler after removing the cover? It’s a public open forum, it prevents us giving gas related advice to diy.
You may well be right about getting it serviced by a Pro, I've given my wife more than enough time to get it fixed and she's clearly out of her dept :)

Tbh I would phone Worcester up for a fixed price repair as the heat engine looks Goosed / leaking they do have a 10 year warranty on them (the heat engine)

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yes it's puzzling why only one company...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I wanted to bring this one to conclusion. My...
Replies
Views
Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Pressure in the system when cold should be 1...
Replies
Views
Could be right above the boiler pipework or...
Replies
Views
Back