Worcester Greenstar 24i Junior - Hot Water but no Central Heating | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester Greenstar 24i Junior - Hot Water but no Central Heating in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

louca001

Hi folks and thanks in advance for any help received.

Me and the future Mrs louca001 have moved into a rented house that has a Worcester Greenstar 24i Junior. We have hot water but no central heating. I have looked at the timer and set it to the desired times but still nothing. I've also reset the boiler and made sure that all the radiators are on high heat and still nothing.

Anyone got any ideas?

We have a handyman provided by the landlady but he can't get until Friday and it's really cold so I wondered if I could get any advice from here and save him the trip and me the cold mornings!

Thanks
louca001

Jhold down the chimney sweep button on left. For about 10 secs

The boiler will fire, a light on the chimney button will illuminate

Make sure the temp on boiler is set to max.

Report what you find.....

Last edited:
By the way. This is not a fix!

Just a test

It's not on HW only is it? You need it on HW & Heating and the timeclock set.

Wow, wasnt expecting a reply thst fast. Thanks folks.Right, there isnt a button on the left side near the top only a button on the front. Im guessing this is the first version of this model they produced. Anyway, when I press and hold that it flashes red and stops when I let go. If I do it again it flashes read even after I let go and doesnt stop until I press it again.The pressure was low so topped that up and it's now sat at 1.25 but I still have no heating only water.The timer is the old rotating dial with the pins you have to push in and out. There is a slide switch in the meddle that is in the on or I possition but still nothing.Thanks

You don't have a greenstar. You have a junior. Youll need more than a handy man to fix this

You need a GSRi

Oh, so there's nothing else I can try? The Handyman is the service bloke so does Electric (Registered Electrition) and is a Corgi registered gas / central heating bloke.I just want to know I've tried everything so when he gets here I dont look foolish.

Just for fun. Ask him for his gas safe card. If he ain't got it. You can check him online
Remember, it's your life if he gets it wrong

Jhold down the chimney sweep button on left. For about 10 secsThe boiler will fire, a light on the chimney button will illuminateMake sure the temp on boiler is set to max.Report what you find.....
I've got an identical problem with the greenstar junior in our new property. I don't have a chimney icon but there is a spanner icon on the left. I pressed this for 10secs and the whole system seemed to boot up. The ignition light was on and the blue light on front flashed. The radiators came on. This lasted for about 10 minutes and then all went off again! How do I rectify this permantly? The instruction manual offers no advice :(

The service mode function only lasts until it reaches temp or after 10 minutes I think. If the boiler is not doing anything when put on heating mode, I would say it is an external control.

You could just visit the Worcester website and download the user manuals.... Although it won't be of much use if you have flat batteries in a wireless room stat:D

The service mode function only lasts until it reaches temp or after 10 minutes I think. If the boiler is not doing anything when put on heating mode, I would say it is an external control.

That's exactly why I asked him to press the button. Rules out any issue with the boiler and puts the blame on external controls or a faulty clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

The Sunvic arrived a few days ago but I...
Replies
Views
it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Its a Combi. Its a Worcester Bosch Greenstar...
Replies
Views
L
Replies
Views
Thanks for the info Shaun ! I’ll get that...
Replies
Views
Back