Worcester Greenstar 24Ri LPG boiler hot water ok but no central heating | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester Greenstar 24Ri LPG boiler hot water ok but no central heating in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

digbyl123

Hello Folks , first time on here so be gentle !

Worcester Greenstar 24Ri LPG boiler

I have a conventional vented heating system with hot water cylinder in the airing cupboard . The whole system is 4 years old and runs on LPG . I have a salus pump , 3 port valve and control pack . The pump was replaced a year ago as although it seemed to work was not actually circulating any water ?
Everything was fine until 3 weeks ago , the central heating stopped working . The Hot water is working perfectly on the timer and the boiler comes on and goes off as it should . If I just pust the central heating on , or have it on timer the boiler seems to initialise but the green ignition light does not come on and it shuts down . The blue light does not flash to indicate a fault code . The room thermostate appears to operate ok and I changed the head on the 3 port valve as I have a spare . I have tested the 2 fuses on the PCB in the boiler and these are both OK

It seems the boiler isn't triggering the 3 port valve to go to port B ( C.H.) position

Could this be a fault with the PCB in the boiler ? Can you test the wiring to the 3 port valve from the boiler ?

Any help would be gratefully received , Thanks , Digs

\\

This plumbing forum will not provide advice to anybody with regards to boiler repairs or any other form of gas plumbing without you first providing us with your Gas Safe Registration number in a thread - for very obvious reasons. If you're not qualified to touch gas, you should stay well clear of trying to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Ok great...really hoping it wasn't a leak.
Replies
Views
Could be right above the boiler pipework or...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
I don't believe moving the manual lever over...
Replies
Views
Thank you…I think that maybe is what...
Replies
Views
Back