Worcester Greenstar 25 CDI Boiler help?!! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester Greenstar 25 CDI Boiler help?!! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Katy Bacon

Hello, I need some help please! I have just moved into a rented house and have this Greenstar 25cdi boiler with a wireless thermostat. All was working fine when I moved in yesterday and turned it on. I left it on the on setting as was going to sit down and go through the manuals to sort out all the timers today.

This morning after having a shower I noticed the radiators seemed to have started to go cold so went to look at the boiler and it was flashing the error code EA and asking me to reset it which I did. There was also a pool of water underneath the boiler but couldn't see where this was coming from at all! After we'd reset it the boiler started making a really loud horrible noise and the central heating 'on' light was flashing red and the pilot indicator light was off. We had to go out so we turned the boiler off incase it was doing more harm than good. When we came back we turned the boiler back on and the noise started again when we tried to put heating on. During all this time we'd not touched the hot water settings on the boiler. I turned the hot water to on and then it would let me turn the heating on without the loud noise and now it appears to be working fine. I've since turned the hot water off again and heating seems OK.

I'm really useless with boilers/heating so would love any help or advice on whether this is a real problem with the boiler or just teething problems? As far as I know the property has been empty for 6 months- don't know if this could have anything to do with it.

Sorry for the essay! :) Katy

Hi,

Pretty sure EA is flame not detected which can mean an ignition problem, or even a handful of other stuff, plenty of guys/girls on here happy to diagnose if you post location.

Ea is a condense pipe error on the Worcesters blocked or frozen if run outside depending were you are but be bit early for this

Hello, I need some help please! I have just moved into a rented house and have this Greenstar 25cdi boiler with a wireless thermostat. All was working fine when I moved in yesterday and turned it on. I left it on the on setting as was going to sit down and go through the manuals to sort out all the timers today.

This morning after having a shower I noticed the radiators seemed to have started to go cold so went to look at the boiler and it was flashing the error code EA and asking me to reset it which I did. There was also a pool of water underneath the boiler but couldn't see where this was coming from at all! After we'd reset it the boiler started making a really loud horrible noise and the central heating 'on' light was flashing red and the pilot indicator light was off. We had to go out so we turned the boiler off incase it was doing more harm than good. When we came back we turned the boiler back on and the noise started again when we tried to put heating on. During all this time we'd not touched the hot water settings on the boiler. I turned the hot water to on and then it would let me turn the heating on without the loud noise and now it appears to be working fine. I've since turned the hot water off again and heating seems OK.

I'm really useless with boilers/heating so would love any help or advice on whether this is a real problem with the boiler or just teething problems? As far as I know the property has been empty for 6 months- don't know if this could have anything to do with it.

Sorry for the essay! :) Katy
Could be as destroyer says that the condensate trap is not syphoning. However more common for EA besides being no gas, is that the air / gas ratio needs to be set...i.e. get an engineer with the correct equiment to set it correctly. I'm guessing it's like a farting noise. We call it "trumpeting", a typical symptom and easily remidied by a service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Could be right above the boiler pipework or...
Replies
Views
Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
Glad you managed to get things sorted out in...
Replies
Views
W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
Thank you…I think that maybe is what...
Replies
Views
Back