Worcester Greenstar 25 si condensing combi boiler problem!!! :( | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester Greenstar 25 si condensing combi boiler problem!!! :( in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

downs523

Hi, I'm new and having problems with my boiler and looking for some advice if I may..

The model is a Worcester Greenstar 25 SI condensing combi boiler and was installed in 2008. The problem is that the central heating won't fire up. I also have a Drayton Digistat 3 RF which I use to turn the room temp up. I have turned it up and the flame logo appears on the screen but the boiler is having none of it.

I have also turned off the boiler and pressed the reset button, still no joy. Hot water is fine and never had issues with this.

Does anyone know what the problem is? Faulty wireless Digistat or fault within the boiler?

any help would be great as winter is just round the corner :(

Chris

Is there any lights showing on the receiver unit for the thermostat?

I didn't know there was a receiver unit for the thermostat? Thought it was internal within the boiler? Is there defiantly one for this Digistat?

Found it! It had no lights then I pressed both the two buttons and a red light is next to the alarm lettering

Sounds like its lost signal. Change batteries in the stat and then turn stat all the way down then back up.

Thanks for the tip! Will give that a try when I get back home and I'll let you know the outcome ! ;)

Right, batteries changed, receiver now goes green light when I turn the temp up on the Digistat but the boiler still doesn't fire up, will check the link out as mentioned above

Right

Followed the instructions on page 5 of this link [DLMURL]http://www.draytoncontrols.co.uk/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=10382[/DLMURL]

And all good until stage 8, the red light doesn't flash, the red and green stay on. Boiler still not starting up even when I press button 2, strange

Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Spoken to technical support on the Drayton site and they say the receiver is faulty so a new one is needed part code 22149. Shame there was no easy fix!

Spoken to technical support on the Drayton site and they say the receiver is faulty so a new one is needed part code 22149. Shame there was no easy fix!

I've had a couple of receivers that'll indicate on but the actual switch inside didn't operate to supply the boiler! Only way to know that for certain though is to electrically test for voltage! Most likely the receiver though. The boiler is turned on for heating yeh? :)

They are the standard wireless controls BG use. They been having big problems with faulty units over past few years and were requesting all faulty units were kept for testing to try source common fault.

yea canny beat the old hard wired room stat, if it was my house, i'd spend the extra time fitting a wired stat.
i know it can be a problem getting a cable to it, but in the long run, it'll be more reliable.

sometimes the old ways are still the best ways :smile:

There should be an override button on the receiver which will switch the boiler on. Sounds like its lost signal, just have to go through the commissioning process a couple of times until you get the link, best if you stand about 1 metre from the boiler with the transmitter in you hand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Could be right above the boiler pipework or...
Replies
Views
A
I looked up the faults out of curiosity as I...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
Polite reply here, but firstly stating the...
Replies
Views
I’m guessing the installer didn’t have a...
Replies
Views
Back