Worcester greenstar 28i DHW not that hot until shower is turned on aswell ?? | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester greenstar 28i DHW not that hot until shower is turned on aswell ?? in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Matt06

Gas Engineer
Hello, Anyone got an idea what could be going on with this

If i turn a hot tap on temp is around 45C for 30-60secs, then drops to around 35C Fan speed sounds low

If i turn 2 hot taps on same as above

If i turn shower on water temp is good and fan speed is higher

If i turn shower and a hot tap on Water temp is very good for both (45C-50C constant) Fan speed is higher (Medium)

Tested and changed DHW thermistor and Flow switch as old one sounded rough when i blew through it.

Thanks

Plate heat exchanger a bit blocked? Check the temperature difference across the flow/return to the heat exchanger to see if it's losing the heat efficiently.

Upvote 0
You haven't got a crossed pipe somewhere? I had a duo tec doing something similar and the tenant had plumbed the hot and cold in on the washing machine together using it y piece. Causing all sorts of trouble.

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the replies, I think arran may be right I turned the cold in to the boiler and water is still flowing through the hot taps at a slower rate, Maybe some one has nt fitted non return valves to the taps which is letting half the flow through the cold and half through the boiler

Upvote 0
Good find. I've only ever had that once in the past. It was a fault on the mixer shower. New shower fitted, and all worked perfect.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I have to admit that I don't know what a 60...
Replies
Views
D
  • Question
That definitely sounds like an airlock on the...
Replies
Views
If you have the right temperature rise for the...
Replies
Views
Do you find a solution, I have exactly the...
Replies
Views
tinodj
T
  • Question
Morning, he took it out from where it was...
Replies
Views
Back