Worcester Greenstar 28i Junior boiler - won't switch on. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester Greenstar 28i Junior boiler - won't switch on. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lee Chamberlain

Hi

I accidentally hit the on/off button on my boiler. Now it won't switch back on.

I press the "on" button, it seems to fire up, but then stops the moment I take my finger off the button (or sometimes it cuts out if I keep pressing).

Is there a specific sequence I need to follow to start it up again? I have dail turned up to max, but still no difference.

Thanks
Lee

Leave it switched on and let it do it's own thing. The boiler runs start up procedures when the power is switched off.

Put the heating on and about 20 mins later it will be back to normal.

It's a common fault unfortunately and will need parts so you'll need to get a pro in as it involves removing parts you shouldn't be doing unless qualified to do so!

Leave it switched on and let it do it's own thing. The boiler runs start up procedures when the power is switched off.

Put the heating on and about 20 mins later it will be back to normal.

Unfortunately it doesn't switch on unless I'm holding the button in

It's a common fault unfortunately and will need parts so you'll need to get a pro in as it involves removing parts you shouldn't be doing unless qualified to do so!

Could it be caused by anything else? IE the pressure had run very low, and although I've corrected this, it's still a problem?

The only things you can check as a home owner is that pressyres around 1-1.5bar, the power is switched on to boiler and the fuse in the switch is ok, if you still dont have power at the boiler then im afraid you need reinforcements so if your at that stage call in a trustworthy gassafe wizard and he should get you up n running lee,, im sorry we cant be of more assistance but dont keep pushing the button as you may break that aswell , good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Could be right above the boiler pipework or...
Replies
Views
Glad you managed to get things sorted out in...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Thank you…I think that maybe is what...
Replies
Views
S
Could be Rubbish blocking the pressure gauge and...
Replies
Views
Back