Worcester Greenstar 30Si + DT10RF Digistat (MK II) | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester Greenstar 30Si + DT10RF Digistat (MK II) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

maccy

Getting a bit confused about timer settings with my Greenstar 30Si and DT10RF Digistat. Previously I would change the timings on the boiler itself and all would be well. But I'm currently finding that the central heating comes on when I'm not expecting it to and certainly not within the time periods I've set (I've tried to use my own timings and not use the presets). I've tried matching the times on the thermostat and boiler but the central heating comes on outside of those times in Auto mode. My hot water is on all the time.

I also note that I can't not set a lunchtime time period on the DT10RF, so I have to set an on and off of 1200 and 1201 respectively. Ideally I'd like the heating to be on between 0715-0900, 1600-1930 and 2030-2130.

Does one cancel out the other? Is there any way I can reset everything and start from scratch?

Can someone also explain Eco mode to me? Should the button on the boiler be illuminated or not...?

Thanks in advance.

If you have a Worcester Greenstar 30 SI it's a combo so your hot water is always on, all be it instantaneous, have a look on you tube for videos for setting times with your programmer that should be the easiest way of explains things.

the Eco button when pressed (and lit green) turns the hot water pre heat off.

Last edited by a moderator:
With eco mode lit your boiler will heat water only on demand.

with it not illuminated it will be in pre heat mode.

In pre heat mode the boiler will run from time to time to pre heat the water letting you get hot water at your taps faster but this uses more gas.

Thanks, I think I understand the hot water situation now.

I'd be grateful to hear any ideas about my CH though - my Digistat is still calling for heat well after the time periods I've specified, and I'm convinced I set the timings correctly as per the Worcester Bosch YouTube videos and documentation.....

If I set different time periods on the Digistat and programmer on the boiler itself, which should be authoritative? Is there any way to automatically sync the two up?

Can you explain this in more detail? I have a low temp of 16 deg C and high of 22 deg C and my CH is programmed to shut off at 1930 - it was still on when I went to bed at midnight.....

Turn your low temp down lower than 12 if you want it to stay off.
These things are never really off. If the temperature falls below the set low temperature the heating will come back on and heat the house to that temp.

In the end I switched to Preset Programme 2, which means my CH comes on at some of the times I want, but not all.

What confuses me is that you can choose Presets 1,2, or 3, but there is no 'Off' option, so it seems as though you're forced to have the CH on at preset times, not what I choose(?)

The programmer on the boiler is for HW only, it was a strange idea for a combi, so the times on that do not control your CH. If you have the stat that I think you have for the ch you can set it to exactly what you want. And you should be able to turn it off totally, try holding the plus and minus button at the same time for around 5 secs, the display should go to OFF.
This is if you have the oblong shape stat and not the square one.
So set the first time to 7.15 and temp at 22, next time 9.00 at temp 12, 16.00 at 22, 19.30 at 12, 20.30 at 22 and 21.30 at 7. I hope you understand this it it helps. any questions please ask

I hate those stats, DT20RF is much more end user friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Could be right above the boiler pipework or...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Thanks for the info Shaun ! I’ll get that...
Replies
Views
Thanks for your reply and info. I will get a...
Replies
Views
Back