Worcester Greenstar CDI Compact | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester Greenstar CDI Compact in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Koogatubac

Hey guys,

Mate fitted 1 of these boilers, turned it on for the first time and left it to go through its 'pre-heat sequence' however it WILL not come out and it has been running for 24hours when manufacturer instructions state its 15mins.

Customer or gas engineer hasnt ran any taps or got it on heating, just left it to do its thing. I have a sequence to get greenstars out of pre-heat due to a very helpful member however this compact has changed the buttons so the code doesnt work.

I have advised my mate to ring worcester to call their engineer since its a new install. Just wondering if any of you guys have had this and if you know any sequences?

If you do the course they tell you how to do this.........

you put your left leg in, your left leg out, in, out, in, out and shake it all about.

If this don't work you have to phone the tech line :)

The purge sequence is mainly to get the air out of the boiler and heat exchanger. Defo got a problem if it's been at it for a day though :lol:

If you do the course they tell you how to do this.........

you put your left leg in, your left leg out, in, out, in, out and shake it all about.

If this don't work you have to phone the tech line :)

Lmfao absolute quality mate, i did the hokey cokey then i turned around, thats maybe what its all about?

Has your mate turned the gas back on ?

I have fitted approx 20 of these, without a problem.

If the system is fully vented, gas on and purged why hasn't he turned a tap on to see what happened?

If he is not that confident he really should not be working with gas.

The gas is on, system is fully vented inc inside boiler vented. On purge you dont get hot water since the boiler wont let you because it has a 'set-up phase'

dont ever get this problem with baxi,they just work out of the box,sounds like its a pcb issue

The boiler cant stop you turning in a hot water tap !

Customer or gas engineer hasnt ran any taps or got it on heating, just left it to do its thing. I have a sequence to get greenstars out of pre-heat due to a very helpful member however this compact has changed the buttons so the code doesnt work.

I fitted my first compact yesterday and it is slightly different to the classic. (not in a good way). Is everything ok at the wiring. Did your mate check incoming polarity and all the other yada yada yada. Hel have to switch on and off even resest and if persist phone technical. Then hel have time for a DOSEY DOEE. The compacts AAV position has changed to above hex , he better make sure the plastic cap is loose

Thats exactly what i know aswell kev, cheers guys, i got told if it doesnt come out of pre heat its the heat cell thats damaged off a very good member who works on worcesters.

He did try hot taps but knowing this if you do this when boiler is in pre heat mode it RESETS itself so you have to wait a FURTHER 15/30mins.

I installed a system worcester a week ago, let it do its purge (book told me 15mins) it took just over 30mins and i filled the condensate trap (MI states pre heats fill this themselves hence the increasing temp)

Im going off worcesters. Cheers guys

Its not the purge that takes 15mins thats the condensate fill sequence but the compacts dont have this so should only be a couple mins on start up while it sets up its sequencing. The classics have a purge that lasts a cuple minutes the compacts are even shorter. Ive fitted loads of the classics and dont mind them but not keen on the compact as there is loads of plastic and when boilers running when cover off you can hear the plastic creeking with the projected heat from hex.

I'm sure the compacts don't have a preheat that it wont come out of for 15 mins. Normally fire up for about 1-2 mins for pre heat when initially turned on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I also thought it was 10:1, for the 4000 and...
Replies
Views
Thanks Chuck for the quick response I...
Replies
Views
Hi d36csr. You aren't a bicycle plumber are...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back