Worcester greenstar heatslave ii central heating problem | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester greenstar heatslave ii central heating problem in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi
I have an oil worcester bosch greenstar heatslave ii combi boiler. It's about 5 years old.
The problem I have is when the thermostat calls for the central heating to come on. Most of the time the boiler light will come on, the boiler might fire up for a couple of seconds then the light will go out and no heating of the rads. On the odd occasion the boiler will fire up for a couple of minutes and I might get some heat into the rads before it shuts off again. I have noticed that if I run the hot water for a couple of minutes, wait for the boiler to finish heating the hot water and then turn the room stat up I can trick the boiler into coming on and heat the rads for half an hour or so before it cuts out.
I had a plumber/heating engineer out today who was a bit baffled by it. He felt it was an intermittent electrical fault, but couldn't offer any further help.
Pressure is good, rads have been bled and it gives plenty of hot water with no issues. New batteries in the wireless room stat.
Any ideas what could be the cause of the problem?

Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks
Damian

Tbh would need to be in front of it get him to ring Worcester technical while he’s in front of it there a nice bunch

Similar plumbing topics

Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
Hi Basher, Thank you for the reply. So the...
Replies
Views
Several people told me it would be an Airlock...
Replies
Views
Its a Combi. Its a Worcester Bosch Greenstar...
Replies
Views
Back