Worcester Heatslave humming | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester Heatslave humming in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Heatslave 20/25 subtle humming from boiler new motor fitted fully serviced recently, it's the sort of sound you would get from a HV transformer that sort of hum deep and annoying, nothing to do with circulation pump it's still there with the circulation pump off. I guess it only leaves the oil pump but this part is fairly new too. I read that high water pressure can cause this although I'm sceptical and wouldn't know how, it's currently at 1.5bar.

Just give him/her a shout back. Sounds like issue with motor/fan positioning.
Strange though that you say it's still there when pump not running due to if theres no pump running the burner wont be.
Could also be an issue with 3 port valve head

Just give him/her a shout back. Sounds like issue with motor/fan positioning.
Strange though that you say it's still there when pump not running due to if theres no pump running the burner wont be.
Could also be an issue with 3 port valve head
I'm talking about it still being there when stopping the water circulation pump

It's not the 3 port motor head, can the oil pump be locked off by its grub screws too tight in close to the alloy casing or do you push tight up. With regard to pump not running I was talking about water circ pump ruling that out. Could the draught fan wheel be clipping close to casing, its a fine line. But that would eventually bed into soft alloy

Similar plumbing topics

Fixed the leak, replaced the pressure relief...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Hounsfield are great boilers, but dont do a...
Replies
Views
All sorted now and running better than ever...
Replies
Views
P
Mr Speaker: I'm tempted to draught a sarcastic...
Replies
Views
Back