Worcester isystem boiler 24kw | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester isystem boiler 24kw in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nvq level 3

Hi,

This is a slight rant.

A few weeks ago i fitted the above boiler, upgraded the system from gravity fed etc to s plan sealed. client was after the wave stat which i thought would be no problem until the electrician came to wire the new system up. Upon further investigation numerous phones calls i then found out you have to buy a diverter kit for the system for the sat to work and having to run 2 returns into the boiler so basically can not be fitted to external (normal practice) controls. I have to say yet again worcester have let me down what a pile of rubbish. people may think well you should of investigated further which i somewhat agree but why is this CLEARLY? not stated it actually says on the website "optional" (being the key word for me) diverter kit to be fitted.

Installed the 3rd gen nest instead.

Anybody else had a similar unpleasant experience?

Hi,

This is a slight rant.

A few weeks ago i fitted the above boiler, upgraded the system from gravity fed etc to s plan sealed. client was after the wave stat which i thought would be no problem until the electrician came to wire the new system up. Upon further investigation numerous phones calls i then found out you have to buy a diverter kit for the system for the sat to work and having to run 2 returns into the boiler so basically can not be fitted to external (normal practice) controls. I have to say yet again worcester have let me down what a pile of rubbish. people may think well you should of investigated further which i somewhat agree but why is this CLEARLY? not stated it actually says on the website "optional" (being the key word for me) diverter kit to be fitted.

Installed the 3rd gen nest instead.

Anybody else had a similar unpleasant experience?

if you read on the Worcester website it tells you which boilers are compatible

https://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/products/boilers/directory/greenstar-i-system-9kw-to-24kw

evens says

Wave Compatible * (*With installation of optional built-in diverter valve)

Last edited:
Yeah it will catch you out if your not familiar with the Worcester controls, same as any other boiler makes... That's why I stick to one manufacturer, it's easier!

Luckily you plumbed up as a normal s plan so easy to fix :)

I don't understand why you wouldn't check compatibility or the installation instructions of the control if you weren't familiar with it. The website makes it clear that you need to purchase the internal diverter kit for it to work on that boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I'm inclined to adopt the occam's razor...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
well its two months new and id just thought id...
Replies
Views
I think a lot of us suspect your cylinder is...
Replies
Views
Back