worcester junior 24 no central heating | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss worcester junior 24 no central heating in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jone1303

Morning guys hoping for some advice on a problem I've got with a Worcester junior 24 had the heating off whilst we've had great weather got hot water perfect turn the tap straight away, however turned the heating on via the thermostat unit clicks the boiler goes through the usual noises the fan kicks in alls good for 10 seconds then the fan turns off and the boiler goes to a quiet hum thus no heating.....! any ideas your help would be appreciated i'm happy to get a boiler engineer involved but I would like to know what might be causing the problem, thanks in advance

We can't give any advice relating to gas boilers unless you are GSR. If you are PM to a Moderator with your details to register with the GSR private forum.

We don't give out advice relating to gas appliances for safety reasons. Your best bet is to call a local gas safe registered engineer to help you with your problem.

We don't give out advice relating to gas appliances for safety reasons. Your best bet is to call a local gas safe registered engineer to help you with your problem.
hi appreciate what your saying as I said i'm happy to get an engineer involved but I would like to have an idea if anyone knows what the issue may relate too, I use forums for advice only never to do anything that might endanger my family thank you anyway

Welcome to the forum!

The there are many things which may be causing the problem and all of them involve delving into the guts of your boiler. So the best advice we can give is call a GSR engineer to have a look. Where are you based?

hi appreciate what your saying as I said i'm happy to get an engineer involved but I would like to have an idea if anyone knows what the issue may relate too, I use forums for advice only never to do anything that might endanger my family thank you anyway

Hi Jone1303.

Look at it from the other point of view - whilst you may be very sensible and not delve into the boiler, once one of the guys posts information, it is visible to anyone doing a web-search for Worcester Junior - which is probably the most common boiler in Britain, with many hundreds of thousands installed.

The next person who sees the information may not have your common sense, and may be tempted to tinker themselves and end up harming themselves or family members.

Internet forums are not the best place for diagnosing gas appliance issues. Sorry about that, but I hope you find the forum useful in other ways.

We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers, cookers or ANY gas appliances for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a PM (Private Message) with your gsr details to either Gas man - http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/users/8668/ or Redsaw - http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/users/2718/ who will check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Providing gas-related advice to anybody who should not be touching gas and cannot prove their competetence is unacceptable. We will take whatever action we deem appropriate to prevent such advice being given

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
https://www.plumbersforums.net/threads/problems...
Replies
Views
G
Hi, thx in advance if anyone has any ideas...
Replies
Views
GL7781
G
L
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Back