worcester junior 24i | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss worcester junior 24i in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickie

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
is it possible to adjust the burner pressure on this boiler ? this boilers burner pressure is too high, i couldnt see any way to adjust it, so i'll probably end up buying a new valve tomorrow.

also at the same property, the working pressure went right down to 15mb, so i called out the gas provider, transco wouldnt touch it.. check this out..

251694_10150198219591286_644376285_7514262_7247991_n.jpg

replace in copper,weigh all those adapters in,and what boiler?

never seen one of these before then ? its a nasty boiler to be fair

never seen one of these before then ? its a nasty boiler to be fair

right see you have posted up its a 24i think its a potentiometer on the board to adjust it look here Index the boiler mi,s are in there somewhere

The burner pressure is factory set and if, after checking that
the dynamic (working) supply pressure is sufficient i.e. 18.5mb
approx. [NG] at the gas valve inlet
pressure test point, the correct pressure cannot be obtained then​
The Worcester Service Department should be contacted.

i'll have a look for this potentiometer

tap 030 (WinCE).jpg
The burner pressure is factory set and if, after checking that
the dynamic (working) supply pressure is sufficient i.e. 18.5mb
approx. [NG] at the gas valve inlet
pressure test point, the correct pressure cannot be obtained then​
The Worcester Service Department should be contacted.

i'll have a look for this potentiometer

sorry mickie mate i am confusing you full of a stinking cold is this a he boiler?8.7%max co2 and i think 9.2%min co2 no gas pressure adjustment all done by fga in service mode and adjust on the gas valve,if its over 3 year old you should do a full strip down as the gasket will be iffy(see pics)i have posted a how to take apart on the gsr only forum

Last edited by a moderator:
its a pretty old boiler, so yeah its not a HE, have you got a link to the strip down ? another thing i havent bothered to mention is the gas valve is letting by just over 4mb in 2 min.. so i will be fitting a new valve..

back to the potentiometer the strip down is of the newer junior

I think that is the boiler that the BP is adjusted using 2mm & 3 mm allen keys. Cant remember what is high and low. There is a cap you pull of just beside the BP test point. The potentiometer on the board is for setting for high and low.
I think they are great boilers myself. Easy to work on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Maybe it's one to pass off to worcester 🤷‍♂️
Replies
Views
If you have the right temperature rise for the...
Replies
Views
What you are proposing to do is unlikely to be...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Yeah it does mate but probably wasn’t flushed...
Replies
Views
Back