Worcester junior 28i | Plumbers Arms | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester junior 28i in the Plumbers Arms area at Plumbers Forums

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
My pet hate boilers in lofts 😡 I agreed to service my neighbours not been touched for 8 years not a wise move on a Saturday pita to work on especially up there Heat ex is showing signs of leakage snapped the over heat stat off ffs another trip out, got it sorted time to chill out .

Attachments

• IMG_20211002_103406.jpg
    IMG_20211002_103406.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20211002_100625.jpg
    IMG_20211002_100625.jpg
    309.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20211002_102356.jpg
    IMG_20211002_102356.jpg
    465.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20211002_100728.jpg
    IMG_20211002_100728.jpg
    378.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Least you got the baffles out in regards to the hex might be water has got in via the air and it finds it way down into there tell tell is white marks / dust on the fan elbow swivel thing

What do the baffles do in this instance? Is it for heat retention? 🤔

Yes the top would just get hot with the baffles it adds resistance and keeps the hot air around instead of just loosing it out the flue also gives it more time to condense / chance of

Out of interest, what did you use to clean the Hex? I went on a training course years ago with Worcester, they advised a sports cap bottle and use it as a spray.

Worcester white bog brush and clean water after to wash it down

Got away with that one bud heat ex is of more of a worry as a top up is needed every few months and nothing visible except around the seam of the heat cell doesn't help being in the loft either .
I've got a customers who's is very similar, but there's has done it from being about 2 years old. I service it every year, yet it never really seems to get any worse. It's crusted around the top like yours, however they don't have any pressure problems and it never really seems to get any worse. It's about 6/7 years old now.

I've got a customers who's is very similar, but there's has done it from being about 2 years old. I service it every year, yet it never really seems to get any worse. It's crusted around the top like yours, however they don't have any pressure problems and it never really seems to get any worse. It's about 6/7 years old now.
This one's 8 years old gave it a good service stripped it all down throughly cleaned a new gasket, electrode's and replaced the limit stat which fell apart . Hopefully it will be ok ☺️

Similar plumbing topics

If you have the right temperature rise for the...
Replies
Views
Have you checked L-N ? 240 ?
Replies
Views
Need a gas safe engineer out if you’ve been...
Replies
Views
If there’s is the chance that many things will...
Replies
Views
It sounds like you have a dodgy thermostat on...
Replies
Views
Back