Worcester junior | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester junior in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

E4gas

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Called out to boiler repair , found water inside boiler due to wind & rain I suspect as boiler is 6 years old , the fan had water on it's pcb , so I presume it's that as I have 240 going to it , do think the the main pcb would be affected , the quick blow fuses are all ok

Called out to boiler repair , found water inside boiler due to wind & rain I suspect as boiler is 6 years old , the fan had water on it's pcb , so I presume it's that as I have 240 going to it , do think the the main pcb would be affected , the quick blow fuses are all ok
not unless the pcb has got wet as well,is it flashing a blue light?

Yep , it's was also flashing reset as well , but dried purple wires going to gas valve as they where in a pool of water , now on blue flashing

Was only getting 240 on the purple wire to the fan as well

That's the only wire that. Gets live. You have one neutral. And the rest are control wires

TACHOMETER
SIGNAL
COMMAN

Can you reset it? If not then your gas valve is the culprit. If you can and the fan doesn't run then it's your fan. The fan usually just flashes the blue light though and the reset isn't flashing. Check the exhaust is pushed down fully home too (the grey bit).

Can you reset it? If not then your gas valve is the culprit. If you can and the fan doesn't run then it's your fan. The fan usually just flashes the blue light though and the reset isn't flashing. Check the exhaust is pushed down fully home too (the grey bit).

The gas valve wires where wet , dried them now

Ye, but that might not stop the problem, may need a new valve. As I say, if it will reset, the gas valve isn't the issue, it'll be the fan, but that just usually causes the blue light to flash on it's own. Those old gas valves are prone to failing anyway (assuming it's the one with the connections at the rear.

Ye, but that might not stop the problem, may need a new valve. As I say, if it will reset, the gas valve isn't the issue, it'll be the fan, but that just usually causes the blue light to flash on it's own. Those old gas valves are prone to failing anyway (assuming it's the one with the connections at the rear.

Just blue light flashing now , changing fan tomorrow , my 1st fan change on this model ,

well if your both in the gsr only forum theres photos by me on how to replace one you might as well service it at the same time because you will need to replace the burner gasket

Doesn't the fan now cme with a complete gasket kit. Including red gasket?

Yes, GSR forum registered (at least that's what the email I've had says!), I've taken these apart before, just not changed the fan. Do they come with the burner seals? I thought Worcester had changed their minds on it now to a 'visual condition check' after engineers were moaning about service costs?

Yes, GSR forum registered (at least that's what the email I've had says!), I've taken these apart before, just not changed the fan. Do they come with the burner seals? I thought Worcester had changed their minds on it now to a 'visual condition check' after engineers were moaning about service costs?
take a look here its not in order but if you click on worcester greenstar 30 si it will show all the photos,and the burner gasket must be replaced when you change the fan

well if your both in the gsr only forum theres photos by me on how to replace one you might as well service it at the same time because you will need to replace the burner gasket

Thanks , I did not relieise that , thought it was a straight swap ,
Customer is moaning about cost already , asking for another £50 - £60 for service is going to be hard work ..

yes it does indeed also it should include the new electrode heat shield

Had a night mare changing fan , as I changed burner gasket gentlly , I broke the flame sense , it fired up , so I no it was the fan at fault , now got to change sense for nothing .. Bad design IMHO for a fan change .

Had a night mare changing fan , as I changed burner gasket gentlly , I broke the flame sense , it fired up , so I no it was the fan at fault , now got to change sense for nothing .. Bad design IMHO for a fan change .
did it break when you pulled the boot off the electrode?

Na wiggling the old gasket off I think , I might have cracked it when I took the boot of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Have you checked L-N ? 240 ?
Replies
Views
Best to get a gas safe engineer or vaillant...
Replies
Views
Maybe it's one to pass off to worcester 🤷‍♂️
Replies
Views
If you have the right temperature rise for the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I hope you are well. Need some advice...
Replies
Views
Back