Worcester price rise!!! Grr | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester price rise!!! Grr in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

gassafe

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Had an email today from Worcester stating that as of April prices will go up etc!!!

This is is like an annual event now & considering the recent massive drop in oil price, scrap metal etc surely the boilers should be cheaper or at very least not going up this year??? Worcester are already pretty pricey in comparison...

Its called inflation, The cost of living is rising as is every resource that Joe blogs pays for. Put your prices up like everything else that goes up you pay for. It don't stop you doing the same job

As above. Plus i don't like the way they are put together.

Let them carry on, they will price themselves out of the market ( eventually)
Woofter price rises will only make my Vaillant/Ideal installs seem all the more reasonable

Let them carry on, they will price themselves out of the market ( eventually)
Woofter price rises will only make my Vaillant/Ideal installs seem all the more reasonable

Vaillant have just done that with there warranty reduction!

Virtually all the manufacturers have put up their list prices again this spring.

But here's a funny thing.

When I started in this business, 30 years ago later this year, a budget combi (Chaffoteaux Celtic 220 RS) cost £465 + VAT, including a flue kit and a switchmaster 300. A premium combi (Vaillant or Worcester) cost around £700 - £800, but that would have been 24kw or at the very most 28kw.

They have put their list prices up every year for the last 30 years, but over-the-counter prices remain almost exactly the same.

Come on ray can have some cheap copper ? lol

My world which is small sees price increases every year I cannot and will not carry those increases in 25 years I have realized this but over the years I have increased what I charge only because I have to. Gas and heating is only a small part of what I do, so I charge accordingly

Has anyone made use of these warranties yet ?

Couple on ideal they swerved one saying they don't believed it had been serviced to MI's which was from another engineer previous.

Had an issue with Baxi under warranty took forever to turn up then had a moaning sulky engineer

Virtually all the manufacturers have put up their list prices again this spring.

But here's a funny thing.

When I started in this business, 30 years ago later this year, a budget combi (Chaffoteaux Celtic 220 RS) cost £465 + VAT, including a flue kit and a switchmaster 300. A premium combi (Vaillant or Worcester) cost around £700 - £800, but that would have been 24kw or at the very most 28kw.

They have put their list prices up every year for the last 30 years, but over-the-counter prices remain almost exactly the same.

bit like computers or lap tops, same old price just more add ons

As mentioned Vaillant just increased prices by virtue of chargeable warranties which were previously free. Was also quite surprised to find I paid over £900 for a Duo-Tec last week :O

I can distinctly remember paying around £355 + vat for a 28i Junior in 2004. Once part L & the Greenstar condensing boilers came in the price doubled overnight.

As mentioned Vaillant just increased prices by virtue of chargeable warranties which were previously free. Was also quite surprised to find I paid over £900 for a Duo-Tec last week :O

I can distinctly remember paying around £355 + vat for a 28i Junior in 2004. Once part L & the Greenstar condensing boilers came in the price doubled overnight.

I've just priced up a job with the baxi,s, and the 33 duo Tec is a big jump from the 24's and 28's. The 24's are still quite cheap.

Forget about the stock exchange or pension plans... Buy boilers now, sit on them for 2 years & sell them at a profit it seems!!! Rays probably been doing this all along!

at his prices - hell be sat on them for a good while yet too

Without getting to involved I build a certain machine to a certain specification for the MOD which I have to build to that very specification each time everyone is made. A filter I paid £17.25 + VAT in 1996 is now £31,17 + VAT for the exact same component

Especially now I'm employing people our rates go up every April. £1 per hour each year increase each year = 3% which, co-incidentally, is exactly the sort of pay rise employees will want if they work hard..

Its godda be done.
How are you enjoying the gas side croft, plenty o work ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Its been going down steadily for some months now.
Replies
Views
Ray Stafford
R
Basically sounds like nothing was set in stone...
Replies
Views
Thanks for your reply and info. I will get a...
Replies
Views
G
point to point; each radiator plumbed back to...
Replies
Views
Back