WorcesterBoiler MT10 control clock | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss WorcesterBoiler MT10 control clock in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Smith

My boiler was set to come just before we arrived home from work. When we got in, no heat, the timer was stopped at 6 am this morning and had not appeared to be going round. It's a worcester cdi boiler with a manual clock mt10. Will this mean the clock is faulty. The heating goes on if i put in the pins at the pointer but the clock doesn't go round. The heating goes off if i take the pins out at the pointer. Should i just go and buy another clock?

Hi,
I have a Worcester 24i Junior combi boiler and the timer also seems to have failed. The clock is keeping time, but the boiler doesn't start/stop on the timer tapets? Looking around this forum, it seems like the MT10 is the most likely fault but posts advise the DT20? I don't have and don't require the wireless control so is this still possible? I have found a replacement MT10 -> Worcester MT10 Mechanical Plug in Timer 7716192036 - MT10 Clock and for a little more a DT20 -> Worcester Bosch DT20 Twin Channel Digital Programmer 7716192038
If the DT20 is compatiable and I don't require anything else, then it would seem to be the best option?
Advice gratefully received!
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
The MT 10's are a pile of carp, I'm on (if I remember correctly) my 3rd one in about 4/5 yrs, the current one doesn't work on timed but works on constant so I'll keep it until it stops completely
Hopefully the newer ones will have the common problem rectified

The MT 10's are a pile of carp, I'm on (if I remember correctly) my 3rd one in about 4/5 yrs, the current one doesn't work on timed but works on constant so I'll keep it until it stops completely
Hopefully the newer ones will have the common problem rectified

That seems to be the general consensus of opinion! With posts generally suggesting that the DT20 would be the better way to go than with the MT10. However, all the references to the DT20 mention the wireless control. I don't have/don't require this functionality as it's only a work boiler controlling stat valve rads.

What I would like to know is if the DT20 timer will work in place of the MT10 that seems to be faulty.

Cheers.

Get a DT20 it will work much better, you are confusing it with a DT20RF which is the wireless one.
You will need a Gas Safe engineer to fit it though as it involves removing the casing.

Get a DT20 it will work much better, you are confusing it with a DT20RF which is the wireless one.
You will need a Gas Safe engineer to fit it though as it involves removing the casing.

Thanks Albatross.

I have an engineer coming tomorrow hopefully! I'm told that it doesn't seem to be covered under the 5 year manufacturers warranty which is annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
I would think the time switch wire would go to...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I think a lot of us suspect your cylinder is...
Replies
Views
Yes spot on need to have a look behind the...
Replies
Views
170L is barely enough for 2 showers for us...
Replies
Views
Back