Worcestor boiler not filling | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcestor boiler not filling in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

midmale

Hi

My daughter has a worcestor boiler (model not known)which has an external filling loop (flexi hose type). Because the pressure is below 1 bar she has tried to pressurise it but the gauge isn't moving. The loop has a isolating valve on one end with a tap and a double check valve on the other.

She can hear water flowing so i'm assuming the check valve isn't stuck? Could it be that the gauge isn't functioning properly? Or any other ideas what it might be?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi and welcome to the forum. It may well be a stuck pressure gauge. Might be worth a call to a local GSR enineer to take a look for you.

Welcome to the forum

if boiler is working , pls advise to stop filling up with water , and call a engineer .
if system has more then 12 rads it could be that it needs to have large amount of water going in before pressure gauge notice the increase of pressure , but to be on the safe side please call a plumber as if pressure gauge isnt working could end up with a water leak from system

Thanks SGI. Of the top of my head there are 7 rads on the system. I have already advised not to attempt filling it anymore..looks like a call to a gas engineer tomorrow morning.

....better to play safe , then new carpets +new ceilings .....who knows what it could happen

You could list your job here and some one local to you could help you ! We have trusted experienced plumbers members all over Europe :) lol

[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Very true...just out of curiosity i'm assuming that if she can hear water flowing the check valve must be working and the fault lies in the gauge? Does that make sense to you?

yes it does , its possible that due to sludge in system pressure gauge to be blocked and give not accurate readings , so visit from plumber is the way to go from here

Sorry to ask the obvious, but are you sure both ends of the filling loop are open?

the reason that heating engineers are highly trained is to make sure systems are working correctly if not done by quilfied personal it can be most dangerous look what happened in Corry I know it is only a program but it happens in real life call a heating engineer

I have seen properties where the mains pressure is only 1 bar and therefore they couldn't increase the central heating system above this, just a thought. Would agree with the comments above though and recommend you get someone qualified to check it out.

I have seen properties where the mains pressure is only 1 bar and therefore they couldn't increase the central heating system above this, just a thought. Would agree with the comments above though and recommend you get someone qualified to check it out.
good point IND_Nick , it could be that , but who will fit a combi to a 1 bar mains water supply

I do a lot of landlord certificates for a couple of estate agents and , although I'm sure you know, some people will fit anything anywhere just to get the cash and run. I dealt with a Worcester CDI last week that was tank fed! Surprisingly the installers number did not connect, only been in a few months.

I do a lot of landlord certificates for a couple of estate agents and , although I'm sure you know, some people will fit anything anywhere just to get the cash and run. I dealt with a Worcester CDI last week that was tank fed! Surprisingly the installers number did not connect, only been in a few months.

CWST or F&E ?

Quote/

Sorry to ask the obvious, but are you sure both ends of the filling loop are open?

Quote/

Yes both ends were open. One end had a iso valve with a tap and the other is a double check valve. I will be calling in an engineer tomorrow. I was just trying to satisfy my curiosity as to the problem :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a flexicom.cx that hasn’t been...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
Flexible couplings everywhere? Perhaps thats...
Replies
Views
Correct way to do it!
Replies
Views
S
This problem has been solved. The feed point...
Replies
Views
Steve Shad
S
I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
Back