worcs bosch 24i to 34/38i ? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss worcs bosch 24i to 34/38i ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

i've got a worc 24i at 9l which is about 5 years old, from reading specs the only difference on the 34/38i is the litres flow rate, i'm presuming this is just one part in there that makes the difference? Can a 24 be "converted" to a 34/38 with some swap of a part, so I can get a much better shower?

different internals so new boiler

You may as well crack on with it yourself, what do we know.....
Just make sure your family & neighbours have moved over 100mtrs away & then i can read about it in the papers & have a chuckle. Darwins theory of evolution will prove right...........

i've got a worc 24i at 9l which is about 5 years old, from reading specs the only difference on the 34/38i is the litres flow rate, i'm presuming this is just one part in there that makes the difference? Can a 24 be "converted" to a 34/38 with some swap of a part, so I can get a much better shower?

Yes, the answer is purchasing a new boiler.

Dont worry you only have a couple of years left in your WB boiler anyway, and a new WB will be bust and ready to update after another 7 years.

I’m pretty sure the 24i can be converted to a 30i. I think it just need a change of code plug and possibly a different flow restrictor.
The work would obviously need to be done by a Gas Safe Engineer. I’d say it’s worth your chosen engineer speaking to Worcester Bosch to see if and how it could be done.

don't think that increases the flow of the DHW?
Yes. If you are able to fit a flow restrictor with a higher flow rating then you’ll get more water through the boiler. You need to measure the flow rate you’re currently getting out of the rising main of course, to make sure it’s worth doing.
The code plug just makes the fan spin faster and so the Boiker burns more gas. This heat extra heat energy is exchanged into your increased water flow and hey presto.
All parts would need to be Worcester genuine parts and fitted by a Gas Safe Engineer.
I know for a fact this used to work with Worcester I junior boilers. I’m not 100% about the new Greenstar I range...but it’s worth finding out :)

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes or they do an extra tank so brings it upto...
Replies
Views
Should have added in, naturally there will be...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Not to dampen your enthusiasm for a job well...
2 3
Replies
Views
As above tkar if you want good or even optimum...
Replies
Views
Back