Work load | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Work load in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

turnpin

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
What`s your work load like at the moment now we are being told were coming out of recession ?.......Turnpin

Ticking over doing bathrooms but this eco stuff has killed the heating. Only 1 boiler in July.

I would never believe any political comments on anything. From an on the ground perspective, this recession is worse than any i've ever seen and will see me out i think.

Ticking over doing bathrooms but this eco stuff has killed the heating. Only 1 boiler in July.

I would never believe any political comments on anything. From an on the ground perspective, this recession is worse than any i've ever seen and will see me out i think.
Best have another nip and try to be positive ...you can buy another bottle tomorrow lol Turnpin

Mind you Tam it's a blessing that you can turn your hand to any aspect of this game to earn a crust. All those years of knowledge must have paid off in that respect. What's the competition like around you?

have managed to get a decent sized install at a good price first for a while so cant complain and just picked up council contract which is reactive maintenance and rates arnt to bad either .

If i left school now tho i probably wouldnt look at plumbing as a job and as tamz says the eco stuff has killed any heating i use to get

Full on busy for the last 3 months, last year in September I thought my phone line had been disconnected as work was so bad.

never a truer word said!

Ticking over, just paying the bills, Got a full install next week, but I think the heating install game has had it's day, for the small guy, it will be taken over with large corporate company's, The Day of the sole trader are numbered, and once Big Brother as got rid of us then watch the costs rise BG and others will have freedom to charge what they want ! all on finance of course !! It will be like China we will all be wearing the same uniforms. :grinningelf:

Still 4 - 5 jobs every day but mainly breakdowns, find people are putting the service work off, everybody is trying to haggle the price down and noticed more people looking closely at paperwork before signing the job off. Fewer tips as well. Average customer is still finding it hard I reckon.

Quieter than of late, but paying the bills :) Enjoying it whilst I can as the next 6 to 8 weeks are pretty full. A mix of freshly priced jobs and a couple from a few months back that I thought I'd missed out on. It's all at a good price as well.

I died in sept, mainly due to knackered back but made it all up in jan onwards and this week is the first time things have gone quiet, but it is a seaside area in sunny weather and I have one job installing a disabled bathroom and power lift bath that is paying a few weeks pay in one short few days mid month fm a rather rich custard, then one hopes winters coming

We have been exceptionally busy for about the past 18 months - alll w o m or repeat customers -
Thank goodness so many of our old customers have been moving house, staying local and buying houses that need everything doing!
Being long established keeps us going i think it would be difficult to start up now and there are many working for silly prices.

Apart from that agree on gas work.
Barely worth renewing the GSR and paying the high rates of insurance that go with it.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I had a chattering float valve in the loft...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Pilot light extinction problem on...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ok, thanks.
Replies
Views
I’m not familiar with boiler mate’s but sounds...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, I have a TURBOMax Plus 828E in a small...
Replies
Views
Back