Work picking up | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Work picking up in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi Friends

Work is picking up a lot but its testing my confidence and nerve to the limit,

Can anyone help with the following please?

Kitchen mixer tap - was dripping, tried to turn it off more to see if it stopped and I think the washer must've come off as it was pouring & wouldn't tighten. I turned water off under sink at stopcock as not ISO anywhere (again). Tried to get tap head off but stuck! It's just a cheap £40 mono mixer. Any thoughts why the head was stuck?

Went to a house (pretty crappy inside) as no water from shower. Triton mixer shower all grimey, eeeeeewww, watermill PR50D pump in cupboard, tries to work but just won't go. Has a hot water ISO but not for cold. I hope cold can be switch off from stopcock. I think the pump is gone? Any comments?

Briston shower - water only like warm, been suggested it's the cartridge. Never done this or seen it done, any advice/comments?

Got a toilet flush to change, bath taps to change and kitchen tap to change. Never been so busy!! Hope it keeps going,

Thanks all

Rct

tell them
1) the taps shagged
2) the pumps knacked
3) the cartridge has buggered and will cost £120 + your mark up, so quote for new shower.

then get home for tea!!!

Good to hear. Be confident. If you doubt yourself punters will doubt you. You are the man. As said taps shagged.

Pump no 240? Why would you need to turn off mains? Surly it's tank fed hot and cold? Bung snatch in an ISo.

Showers.... If exposed mixer flog them a Bristan bar for £120 plus fitting - 5 year wazza and only £65 cost! Every ones a winner baby !

Jaw droppers are useful but not invincible!

it's funny how the more you know how to do to fix things the less you're willing to. do yourself a favour and fastrack the process. as redsaw said, new one, new one, new one.

it's funny how the more you know how to do to fix things the less you're willing to. do yourself a favour and fastrack the process. as redsaw said, new one, new one, new one.

Well it's more knowing that it's fruitless opposed to not being willing. Paramedic wouldn't turn up and try resuscitate a headless motorbike rider even if they had seen the vinnie jones staying alive advert?

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Did you measure the flowrate from the shower...
Replies
Views
  • Question
hi have been a plumber for 50 years this month...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Isolate the hot pipework and see if it still...
Replies
Views
Have you got a photo of the sink at the...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
Stnd wrong pump for a high pressure shower...
Replies
Views
Back