work shoes and kneepads | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss work shoes and kneepads in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
what do you all use? want something for under £50, not going to spend £20 on a pair that will last a few months again!!! also looking for kneepads, cant stand the ones you put in work trousers to drive ect so going to try the strap type ones

Red back pads. Be the last you ever buy
They are heavy and you notice it though.
I went back to the Snickers ones.

Footwear is different kettle of fish. You do only get what you pay for in my opinion and I do not mind paying bit more for comfort and quality.
Haix supply lot of police and security forces and are the most comfortable shoes I have worn.

buy my safety boots from local farm suppliers, look like brown jodpur boots and slip on/off easy. easy to polish up and last bout 4-5 months, nothing lasts long when your on your knees all day, protected by red backs :)

Boots I've had dewalt apprentice for about 7 years 1pair a year until last year when I got the dewalt titanium boots. They've been good lasted about 18 months 6 days a week. The toe is showing through now though and I think I'm going to try the hyena eiger boots currently in screwfix.

As for knee pads I hate strap round ones I find they constantly cut the circulation off. Plus you nip in to do a quick tap change don't bother putting them on and well you know the rest.

I wear snickers floor layers. Within 2-3 weeks my achey clicky knee isn't so achey clicky any more best investment in myself I've made I'd say had them about a year also

buy my safety boots from local farm suppliers, look like brown jodpur boots and slip on/off easy. easy to polish up and last bout 4-5 months, nothing lasts long when your on your knees all day, protected by red backs :)

I thought you were giving us a break for a week.

I was going the start a thread on who misses Lame - no point now.
It was going to be a surprise for when you got back.

( there were to be not guarantees on the surprise you got)

Much Love,

Oz

Had my redbacks for a couple of years now and not looked back, they are heavier than other kneepads but I dont even notice them any more, and IMO are much better.

Boots I've struggled with over the years as my feet are quite wide and a lot of the boots I've tried the toecaps dig in, so I tend to stick to Cofra boots, and normally go for the goretex lined ones as its nice to have warm dry feet through the winter.

Similar plumbing topics

It's not impossible but I doubt that the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A...
Replies
Views
This response doesn't make any sense, as the...
Replies
Views
Hi @Jim Goodenough I do have some yes , I did...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sorry for the delay in replying, I had an...
Replies
Views
Back