work/task light | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss work/task light in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

C

Captain cool

I'm looking to get a new 240v work light if anyone can make any recommendations.

it has to be LED as I don't want to be messing about with bulbs.
I have a rechargeable LED 5w that is handy in lofts etc. Like this one;
image.jpg

It is a bit flimsy and it's power lead is a thin a bell wire.

I want ant something I can set up in a loft or airing cupboard that I'm going to be in all day.

I don't have one yet but Screwfix have a range of LED worklights atm...some 240v some rechargeable.

Make sure you pick enough lumens for the job...

10/11watt LED = approx 75W incand
24w LED = approx 125w incand

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/c/electrical-lighting/portable-lighting/cat8340010

Last edited:
I've got one of these:

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/defender-e709150-2d-work-light-38w-230v/78401

It's brilliant. Seriously bright, weighs next to nothing so you can hang it up with a bungee or a twist of wire. Replaceable bulb but I've had mine 4 or 5 years and not burnt out yet.

You and a light with a cre led, not one with lots of smaller leds. I have a 2000lum 18v Ryobi hybrid light from the USA which can also be plugged into the mains although I've never bothered to sort a lead out for it.

The 240v screwfix ones are good for the money, sparks on site has got one and it's good.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you for the detailed and considered...
Replies
Views
Yea don’t hold the spanner as this isn’t for...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The UK Government has today been told to do...
Replies
Views
Well, I don't really know. I was thinking the...
Replies
Views
Back