work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

L

lisbon67

just wondering how how you think the work situation was,everyone staying busy?

cant complain but to be fair has been quite steady - plus people will be putting their heating back on soon..........

Absolutely riven out, booked up until end of November, already booking bathrooms into the spring and got a list of jobs to look at as long as my arm and that's without winter being just around the corner.

Apparently we are in for sub zero temps and snow in November, must be right as it's not from a weather man, but an old farmer.

not worked for over 3 months due to recovery from hernia operation, but today i found out ive got continuous work in a few weeks time till feb. I am down to my last few hundred squids and living on credit card so i am very happy today! huge weight lifted as i was considering selling tools and car to pay bills.

not worked for over 3 months due to recovery from hernia operation, but today i found out ive got continuous work in a few weeks time till feb. I am down to my last few hundred squids and living on credit card so i am very happy today! huge weight lifted as i was considering selling tools and car to pay bills.

Sorry to hear about the op mate but glad you've got work coming up to help sort you out.

cheers for the support, ill be so glad to get off my arse and earn some money. ive already sold my wet and dry vac, my 240v sds, my 12v screwdriver and drill and some of my spare hand tools. I just got to keep my finger crossed that the repair holds up once i get lifting some boilers etc...

Hope it goes well for you AW. Ive had a bit of a mixed bag of work coming in, bathrooms which I don't do, ASHP to price , 6 boiler services next week and Solar PV to fit. Still appearing in dribs and drabs though.

There are only few works coming nowadays but before the current recession there are lot works coming. I hope US will surpass this recession.

Booked around 3 weeks ahead at the moment which I'm quite happy with. Had a fairly quiet month in August but it's always quiet down here with the school holidays and all, every year is the same.

Other than that been busy all year :)

I find the best way to get an accurate idea of the work situation, is to speak to your local plumbers merchants. If they aren't selling materials then theres a fair chance your plumbing mates aren't busy either. Lost count of the people who have said their constantly busy and all their work comes through word of mouth blah blah blah. Only to see their vans parked up outside their houses day in day out....
It's a funny old world....

Not to bad booked till end of month and got two extensoins coming up with bathroom and boiler works in, plus had a call about a new heating system today as well.

Funny that aint it Ivor, oh yeah well busy cant get a break then drive past there house in the middle of the day and there at home

i havent got much on, went for an interview on friday its between me and another guy so hopefully find out tomorrow, will be subbing probably but should be constant work so fingers crossed, if that fails, then its plan b lol.

Yes good look Gerry, don't forget let them show your keen as it goes a long way, certificates aren't everything.

If and when I take someone on I'd rather take on someone who's really keen rather than the moody get with all the certs.

You may have both, I don't know!

Similar plumbing topics

Be really careful with online companies...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Not all commercial boilers are 70 kwatt...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, i was wondering if there was...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Haven't used it myself, but I believe that...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Marcin whilst your understanding of a pressure...
Replies
Views
Back