working away from home | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss working away from home in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

M

mark_mc

im pricing a job and its in dublin im in northern ireland and have to say in a B&B

i have added up the cost for travel, b&b and living allowance for food etc.

if you were to be working away from home would you up your daily rate or keep it he same and just add the other costs.

Personally I would want to make it worth my while being away from my home comforts and put the price up a little. It all depends on how badly you need the work.

When I was just married (five years ago) I was shy on work and did some heating systems/bathrooms in these two houses located in a village in suffolk. I was staying onsite in a big static caravan with another bloke.

The first week was great fun, but a month down the line, I was desperate to get it wrapped up and go home.

im pricing a job and its in dublin im in northern ireland and have to say in a B&B

i have added up the cost for travel, b&b and living allowance for food etc.

if you were to be working away from home would you up your daily rate or keep it he same and just add the other costs.

With me it depends how far I am going, if its just within the UK and I am using my own vehicle and sorting me own accomadation I will double my normal plumbing dayrate If I am working in europe I will ship out my overseas tools and expect a van and accomadation to be provided I then usually charge double my normal Gas dayrate which may sound excessive but then I will usually work between 12 and 18 hour days to get a fast turn around.

I work away quite a lot and charge £360 per day plus £0.50p per mile plus accomadation usualy premier inn.
I got a job in scotland week after next, 4 days work plus a day to get there and back. total to nearly £3000 thats before I bill for any materials

I work away quite a lot and charge £360 per day plus £0.50p per mile plus accomadation usualy premier inn.
I got a job in scotland week after next, 4 days work plus a day to get there and back. total to nearly £3000 thats before I bill for any materials

I want your job then

I dunno, they come up over the border stealing our work... whatever next?? lol...

Mark, whenever I've worked in Dublin I come home. I prefer the night in my own bed! it's only a couple of hours down the road for you!

Thats my rule I have If I can be home in 2 hours ish then I am home. You must agree 4 hours driving to and from a biggish job on top of a days work is enough

Why you for that amount and not somebody local? if you don't mind me asking.

Why you for that amount and not somebody local? if you don't mind me asking.
Its a ground source heat pump x 3 parralled together all 3 phase which has been having various problems and a number of attempts have been made by local chap.

I differ from many becuase I`m experienced and qualified with the refrigeration side aswell as the contols and plumbing.

This is for a well know manufacturer who normaly calls me last

Similar plumbing topics

The old adey ones had the same problems the...
Replies
Views
Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi RPM, Gasway were the first company i...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone...
Replies
Views
Back