Working away | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Working away in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

T

Toxic Ted

I'm off for another week in Bournemouth tomorrow morning, how many of you work away?.....or is it just me?

I worked away for 6 weeks a couple of years back. Worked in Norwich which is a nice enough part of the world but dreaded the drive back on a Friday afternoon. Never again :-(

i shudder at at driving to the other side of birmingham now :) luckily I'm always local now. I drove 15 miles on Friday and did 9 jobs :)

I worked away for 6 weeks a couple of years back. Worked in Norwich which is a nice enough part of the world but dreaded the drive back on a Friday afternoon. Never again :-(

i shudder at at driving to the other side of birmingham now :) luckily I'm always local now. I drove 15 miles on Friday and did 9 jobs :)

Ive got 24 rooms with en suites to refurbish.....the money is not bad and paid every week, so money comes first at the moment....

Was alright most of the time, don't get me wrong, but not these days. I like me own bed too much & the present Mrs Viscous is an awesome cook!!!!

Did it for years, same type of thing hotel renovations.
Made a fortune, spent a fortune, 12 hr days out every night, no more than 4 hrs sleep a night, shag ged anything that moved, came home and got a divorce :smile:

Did it for years, same type of thing hotel renovations.
Made a fortune, spent a fortune, 12 hr days out every night, no more than 4 hrs sleep a night, shag ged anything that moved, came home and got a divorce :smile:
My hero!

*swoon

And i blame the guys from your neck of the woods i was working beside being a bad influence, although they would probably blame me :lol:

Wish I had an offer to work (anywhere)!!!!!

Nah, not that bad as I keep busy doing other bits for people but still need plumb work and more experience.

Anyone? I'm free!!

I've already asked the question pointing out the advantages of having someone run pipework and clip ahead of me but we had tools disappear from a site last year after we used a firm of local tilers and he wont have anyone new on site as a result of that. Shame really as its a win win situation ........feckin tilers!

Similar plumbing topics

Yes it’s doable but I suspect it wouldn’t be...
Replies
Views
Bit late to the show but I would have beeen...
Replies
Views
  • Question
As an experiment could you go away for weekend...
Replies
Views
It is an 'all in one' toilet with a macerator...
Replies
Views
No as legionellae likes 45-50 so aslong as...
Replies
Views
Back