Working for an ESP as a contractor-Up for it? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Working for an ESP as a contractor-Up for it? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Pssst

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Im just wondering what the feeling is amongst indie guys as to working for an ESP as a first responder? Would it be financially viable? Would you want to do the hours/shifts/callout and would you be happy being force fed work via a laptop with tight response margins?

Im just wondering what the feeling is amongst indie guys as to working for an ESP as a first responder? Would it be financially viable? Would you want to do the hours/shifts/callout and would you be happy being force fed work via a laptop with tight response margins?

Have you been offered this type of work mate?

I think it could be a very interesting job at times. As a subby to do that work say one or two days a week it could suit a lot of people who are a bit quiet during summer time.

Be there done that, can be very boring sat in van for 6hours once not one job. Shifts were crap always gave you ones there direct labour did not want, also can be repetitive card meters tripping, tofo's etc

Be there done that, can be very boring sat in van for 6hours once not one job. Shifts were crap always gave you ones there direct labour did not want, also can be repetitive card meters tripping, tofo's etc

How did you get into contracting for them then?
What was the money like?

I only ask as i know that in some areas,there will be definite skills shortages as lots of people leave/retire. My initial thoughts are that indies would not want to know due to the hours involved and being hired through third party companies such as Enterprise/ Balfour beatty. Indeed, im not convinced being a direct employee would be that attractive ??

Im 59 and struggling with some of the more fiddly repairs, my fingers are getting stiffer and not so flexible, never mind the eyesight issues, I keep thinking this sort of thing would suit me, but trying to find info as to how to get in is like searching for rocking horse manure.

I guess a lot depends on what area you live as that would indicate which network operator you might contact.

you have my sympathy pierrot similar age and suffering much like you everything takes so much longer when you can see, cant find and cant get in to small space due to being less flexible take heed boys plan to exit this game before 55 or get an office job

Similar plumbing topics

C
I’m not posting here to agree to do/looking...
Replies
Views
A
TRVs open? Any other valves been touched?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Seems like they would work, but you’d need the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
No, I believe you absolutely. My own problem...
Replies
Views
Back