Working for Eon? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Working for Eon? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

S

splinterdream

Went for an interview/test with these a few months ago and didn't get the job as i failed the test. It went a bit like this, arrived at a training centre, told i would do three tests, practical, written and verbal, then if i pass that i get an interview.

Well, I failed the practical tests on not doing earth continuity test (even though I identified this as the tests that should be done before electrical work on the verbal), not checking the FGA was calibrated before use and although I identified the m/valve actuator was faulty, I didn't remove the case with which I would have seen the wires were cut. However they still put me through the other tests which they said the score was exellent so therefore they want me to re-apply in 6 months and then thanked me for reacting so well. I enquired to there being a job to apply for in 6 months and they said there would be, they have a lot of engineers that come and go as they dont like the way the managers do things.

Now to my surpise they are advertsing for the same job again last week, this job pays £35k a year, so does anyone know what the working conditions are like working for these?

Oh and as for the tests I failed, thought it a bit harsh.

I worked for E-on in a way. I worked for a company that was brought out by them and they treated us(engineers) like crap compared to there own engineers, most of us were made redundant or sacked for small things. I also know a few of there meter fitters and they are treated great and have a good easy job, well paid etc....

I think it depends on the manager your under and there expectations of the specific job. imo if you are struggling for work during these bad times its a good job to have.

I went for an interview a while back. Did all the usual then had to do a practical, it was a meter fitting job. I took the meter off, fit a new one did my checks etc. I had two managers watching me and about 10 eon engineers doing their ACS watching me aswell. Went for another cup of tea and a chat about working or them, and I commented about being watched by loads of blokes. I wasn't having a pop just saying that is was nerve wracking (as you can well imagine). The look on the managers face was priceless. I knew then I hadn't got the job.
To be honest I only went for an interview as I was contracting at a horrible place now I'm contracting somewhere great and it seems long term (well as long term as contracting can be) so I'm glad I never got it really. Although the did email me last week saying they have more jobs in my area.

I worked for E-on in a way. I worked for a company that was brought out by them and they treated us(engineers) like crap compared to there own engineers, most of us were made redundant or sacked for small things. I also know a few of there meter fitters and they are treated great and have a good easy job, well paid etc....

I think it depends on the manager your under and there expectations of the specific job. imo if you are struggling for work during these bad times its a good job to have.

Good old CHN is dead! Shame really. I was an apprentice when it got taken over, then they treated me like utter rubbish, so I left when they were making everyone redundant and I got my severance pay, by accident they said, which they later tried to get back. I threatened them with legal advice and they haven't contacted me again, which was over 12 months ago.

Other E.On engineers get treated like kings, good pay, 26 days holiday, 37 hours a week and they don't do much call out either. All your tools and van supplied, sick pay, annual pay rises and decent work phone. Supervisors and managers to give tech support. That's why they put you through these tests, they know they can wait to only find the best of the best, because people want these benefits you don't get with other companies.

Similar plumbing topics

I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
Well the happy price is just over 11k for...
Replies
Views
W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
C
sounds like the pump is not working have you...
Replies
Views
Back