Working for Estate Agents | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Working for Estate Agents in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

P

Pieman Pete

Loyalty to your wife,family and country.Quaint idea? no it used to be like that.
Sunday roasts,trifle with blamanche...
Unfortunately these things are as rare as a virgin in Harlow to an estate agent.
They are on the take and work more angles than a Geography teacher.
Gas certs for thirty pounds while they charge the landlord ninety.
If you don't answer there call immediately they phone the other ten desperate plumbers on there books.
When you phone the office to give a price on a job you feel as if you have to convince them your not telling a lie.
Because they judge everyone as a crook, they wouldn't dream of telling an untruth they are above that.
Smug,greedy and deceitful.
Try a bit of old school manners and professionalism.
Like the knocking shops you run.
Based on my experience and other plumbers... Facts not fiction,unlike your patter

Simply put we do not work for estate agents or letting agencies
However we do work directly for some multiple property
owners - one has 300 houses/bedsits all in top notch condition

However to get this type of work - just comes by networking
I am 56 and my boys older we have been around a long time.

Anything too taxing I sub-out to younger fitters often sons
of my old lot.They can bang out a 3 bed semi c/h in 2/3 days

So just hang in there and build up your contacts - There was and
still never any Silver Bullett solution in the plumbing/ch game CHKING

%^ d yq = y
Loyalty to your wife,family and country.Quaint idea? no it used to be like that.
Sunday roasts,trifle with blamanche...
Unfortunately these things are as rare as a virgin in Harlow to an estate agent.
They are on the take and work more angles than a Geography teacher.
Gas certs for thirty pounds while they charge the landlord ninety.
If you don't answer there call immediately they phone the other ten desperate plumbers on there books.
When you phone the office to give a price on a job you feel as if you have to convince them your not telling a lie.
Because they judge everyone as a crook, they wouldn't dream of telling an untruth they are above that.
Smug,greedy and deceitful.
Try a bit of old school manners and professionalism.
Like the knocking shops you run.
Based on my experience and other plumbers... Facts not fiction,unlike your patter

A good friend of mine down whitley bay has been bumped a few times by estate/lettings agents.
They just never pay him on time/the correct amount/or at all.

Bloody lettings agent has just told a tenant of mine she doesnt have to pay me any rent in lieu of leaving before giving agreed notice, just so he can get her into another of his properties straight way, looks like a visit is called for tomorrow to explain landlord letting agent relationships!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He wasnt even a manging agent for me! Thing is he looks just like croppie, so I can get revenge at last by proxy :)

A J Cropp lookalike in Devon ! - very scary -JC hates Devon with good reason
in my opinion. The funny bit is if he does have my holiday let in Kernow next year
how will he get there whilst avoiding your beautifull county - ? CHKing

and saw a good back bumper sticker on a smart car - 'smart asre' :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
Devon is good to drive through thats why the A30 is all dual carriageway through devon so poor holiday makers dont have to put up with it for more than an hour or 2. Haha :ciappa:

A J Cropp lookalike in Devon ! - very scary -JC hates Devon with good reason
in my opinion. The funny bit is if he does have my holiday let in Kernow next year
how will he get there whilst avoiding your beautifull county - ? CHKing

and saw a good back bumper sticker on a smart car - 'smart asre' :clap:

Au contraire mon chere. It's not the county I despise, merely one of its daughters.....

Back