Working In Your own house | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Working In Your own house in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

P

P J F PLUMBING

Well got in at four I put in another rad in the kitchen the mrs says it was cold !! Job done so I was in the mood I fitted an outside tap and a magna clean ohhhh yea wink

I"ve got a list to

Rad in the lounge, door in the lounge
Skirt/arc in hall, coving paint
Kitchen box in soil pipe, fit flooring, skirt/arc paint door on understair cupboard, paint
Tile bath panel, top coat ceiling
Curtains in my daughters room
Shelving in the airing cupboard
Fix the fence
Landscape back garden

It never happens.

Although after 3 years, the tv is finally going on the wall with all cables chased in and a new 5.1 system tomorrow.

The list of jobs required in my house is ridiculously long.

Well got in at four I put in another rad in the kitchen the mrs says it was cold !! Job done so I was in the mood I fitted an outside tap and a magna clean ohhhh yea wink

You're on a promise for that lot :lol:
I need to fit a magna clean of some sort, change the towel rail for a new chrome one, tons of stuff....

I've done 6 or. 7 years on this house just snagging so we can sell up Andover to next bigger more expensive one with more jobs, more cleaning and bigger bills. Praise The Lord for the rat race!

Since Christmas I've replaced both flat roofs with Firestone rubber I've replaced the main roof tiles felt and batten then the block wall came down so replaced that 7 ft high 25 ft long then today loads left on the list that never ends

My last house had a fordham flush panel cistern. Like most of them, it broke - I can't remember if it was the pushrod or the rocker arm - probably both. All non-standard stuff, unique to that cistern.

I removed the lid, explained to Mrs S how to flush it by pulling on the link, and went to work.

After about 2 weeks, I remembered to order the repair kit. It sat on my desk about 3 months, until a punter came in who needed one. Result - flogged it. Ordered another. Cycle repeated for about 3 years, until we moved out and let that house - at which time I fixed it in about 30 seconds.

What's this Fordham fix?

My mother inlaw ripped hers out after failing to repair it. The rocker arm snapped

Sorry to go off topic!

fordham-flushpanel-kit-569875-71-p[ekm]300x247[ekm].jpg

One of these

No. A lot older than that

I just tried finding the photo and it seems to be lost

Blimey, it must be old. Is it definitely a flush panel? The rocker arm in that pic looks like the same one I am talking about - and that was nearly 20 years ago, and it was an old cistern then - so probably from the 1970s.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Well done, BUT, does it work and then does it...
Replies
Views
Well the happy price is just over 11k for...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Why is it outside? It will freeze and the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would suggest getting a G3 plumber in to...
Replies
Views
P
Well got in at four I put in another rad in...
Replies
Views
P J F PLUMBING
P
Back