Working overseas | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Working overseas in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

AI Plumber

Gas Engineer
I've looked through the forum and there has been some previous threads but nothing recent.

Can anyone give advice on migrating abroad to work as a plumber in Australia or New Zealand for example ?

I've looked through the forum and there has been some previous threads but nothing recent.

Can anyone give advice on migrating abroad to work as a plumber in Australia or New Zealand for example ?

We have a member in oz, he normally logs in mornings.

Do you really ? Is there plumbing jobs available down there ?

Wouldn't be bad for a start in holiday working.

Its ok, as long as you don't mind being paid in Carrots & Eggs, big jobs a bit better could earn a Full Chicken & bag of spuds, may even get some logs as a tip !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before you come to Australia or New Zealand, check with the relevant authorities whether or not they will accept your accreditations or not.

In short, do your homework.
You may end up having to be 're-educated' and sit practical and theory exams to get accredited in Aus. or NZ.

It's actually illegal - and prosecutable, to employ someone as a plumber who doesn't have their registration or license over here.

There are old threads on that website. Had a look before.

Did some research and sent out some emails.

@oz plumber
If you've got an NVQ Plumbing Level 2, how does that help to get authorisation to work on-site in Australia ? Because I think you need to do an Offshore Skills Assesment for Australia and that gets you a provisional card.

What's the next step after getting a provisional card and the correct visa and working on site in Australia ?

Appreciate all the replies.

There are old threads on that website. Had a look before.

Did some research and sent out some emails.

@oz plumber
If you've got an NVQ Plumbing Level 2, how does that help to get authorisation to work on-site in Australia ? Because I think you need to do an Offshore Skills Assesment for Australia and that gets you a provisional card.

What's the next step after getting a provisional card and the correct visa and working on site in Australia ?

Appreciate all the replies.

I did it all in 2006,got trades persons licence,and did the gas course,i think they have made it easier now ,but more costly.Different states had different rules then .Now it is more uniform now.

I might be wrong here but

You can get your qualifications changed over to the same as the ones in Australia and then you need to get your equivalent of a cscs card once there

I might be wrong here but

You can get your qualifications changed over to the same as the ones in Australia and then you need to get your equivalent of a cscs card once there

This will get your provisional licence to start working,but its off to TAFE (college),to get your full licence,the CSCS is Blue card in WA, which is a doddle

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Left looking at the mixer is the usual side...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ah.. i see. yes very odd and at this point...
Replies
Views
M
  • Article
Bus bar advice Hi, can someone help me...
Replies
Views
Marsharp
M
No you couldn’t need to be gas safe
Replies
Views
Hello and welcome
Replies
Views
Back