workwear - trousers & shorts | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss workwear - trousers & shorts in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

T

TomLane

Apologies if this has already been posted elsewhere. Had a quick look but couldn't find anything.

I am looking at purhcasing some new work shorts & trousers.

Can anyone recommend a decent quality pair of either. I have had some before that are of inferior quality, pouch pockets to flimsy, leg pockets to small to fit anything other than dust in etc.

Thoughts greatly welcomed.

Tom

Evening, I mostly use Snickers, I have both trousers and pirate short as I don't leave the house with out knee pads in!!
Average between 2 - 3 years out of a pair which is prety good considering they spend up to 12 hours a day, 6 days a week on!! usually have 2 pairs on the go so when they get up and walk out on there own on Sat night there's a fresh pair for Monday!!

I did but myslef a pair of JCB trousers from B&Q last year to try as I had to replace my Snickers as they had become more holes than trousers!! they are working out prety well, but are all condura, hard wearing but a bit heavyer than there comparible Snickers.

Have tryed others but as I'm a lanky streak I struggle with leg length!

Sorry for the waffle, but hope this helps some what!!

I supply various trousers and all aspects of embroidered workwear, plus you dont have to pay upfront. Give me a call or a text on 07725427159 and I'll discuss this with you.

Regards :)

nice tamz. i am liking englebert strauss. Some really nice stuff there and not a bad price at all. Looks light weight too some of the stuff. I definately going to get meself a pair of those jeans!! And shorts for next yr

Thanks guys!! Very helpful as always!!

The problem I have is finding the right pair of trousers! I'm 6'2" with a 36" & 33" leg! Whilst some trousers I have bought various brands of trousers for my requirements before but all fit very differently!

Looks like I'll just have to use the same excuse my mrs does, "I bought them in different sizes & colours because I just couldn't decide if they would be okay"

I have snickers size 148, they are 33" waste and a 35" leg they do the same leg in a slightly larger waist!! 150 or 152 in the snickers size chart,
thats the reason I allways end up with snickers as some others do make a long leg but the knee pockets are in the wrong place, or there do a long leg but assume you've spent the last 5 years in the pie shop!!! I have tried most of the cheaper makes and out of the few that do fit they don't last!! but then if you think 50quid over 2 years aint that bad!!

I look and feel gay in work shorts so I have to where trousers. :disappointed:

All the postmen wear shorts round here - right through the winter, come rain or shine, hail and snow.

But for a job where you are kneeling down a lot, I would think trousers are a better bet, preferably with reinforced knees.

Have ordered some trousers & shorts from Engelbert Strauss.

Will let you all know what I think of them. (For what it's worth)

Have a good weekend guys

Tom

Just an update for those interested!

My delivery from Engelbert received promptly!

Very happy with the quality of their products.

I bought a pair of shorts & trousers. I did have to return the trousers though as they were just a little too long, even for me. Otherwise very happy with them.

Would definitely recommend them.

Thanks for all your advice again all.

Tom

Similar plumbing topics

J
A gas engineer with respect and quality will...
Replies
Views
Mark Butler
M
Its a Combi. Its a Worcester Bosch Greenstar...
Replies
Views
Thanks John. Perfect. Much appreciated.
Replies
Views
My mother has a rented-out property at the...
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
Back