Worscester 28cdi hot water noise | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worscester 28cdi hot water noise in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Kewat66

Gas Engineer
Hi All,

i am am looking at a Worcester 28cdi. Everything works fine but when the hot water is turned off after 5 mins or so there is a delayed clunking taking place inside the boiler. I am thinking it is something to do with the diverter valve moving back to position? Any other thoughts?
thanks
kewat66

Yes.
Are you gas safe registered ???
If so ask to join the gas forum.

If not Call a gas safe registered engineer who will know from experience what it is and save you time and money and give you peace of mine.

Does the spindle retract when the tap is turned off and the burner go out?

Sounds like you've got heat that can't escape to me. Turn the DHW stat to max and see what happens. It sounds like restrictions though.

It's deffo heat trapped. You aren't getting the temp drop anymore because the water isn't running and the boiler has to lose the heat. It's struggling to do this. It's basically boiling.

For me that issue would be caused by sludge but more likely a blockage on the primary circuit some where. Probably the pump or diverter valve.

I can't say if scale would cause that as I've no experience of it, my water is very soft.

You turn the tap off, burner goes off, it is quite for a few seconds then you get a grinding sound an a small shudder. Turn the tap back on and get hot water as it should.

Does the pump keep running when you turn the water off? Certainly sounds like latent heat but in theory the overrun should take that away. It maybe something as simple as the heating stat being faulty, pump overrun not operating?

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
  • Question
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone...
Replies
Views
  • Question
None of the above helped, I'm out of ideas.
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
Hi all. My house have instant gas hot water...
Replies
Views
AKSARAYLI
A
  • Question
Ok thank you Chuck, yes it does a bit 😆 That's...
Replies
Views
Back