would a drip every 5 sec fill a bucket of water in 24 hours | Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss would a drip every 5 sec fill a bucket of water in 24 hours in the Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's area at Plumbers Forums

No idea ... but I couldn't help this next bit .... (sorry!)

I suppose it depends on the size of the drip and the size of the bucket.

If I had to guess, I'd hazard a go at 3/4 of a measuring jug (kitchen thingy).

Upvote 0
Simple answer is to place a jug under the drip for a hour and then times the amout by 24 and that will give you a answer.

if the jug filling to fast to last hour then time over half hour and times amount by 48

again if drip rate still to fast take a measurment over 15 mins then times by 96 and that will give you indercation of how much will leak and size of bucket required

hope this helps

Upvote 0
Work it out mate.

Every 5 seconds, that 12 drips a minute, 720 an hour, 17280 in 24 hours.

Builders bucket is 3 gallons or 14 litres, 14 litres = 14000 ml

14000/17280 = 0.81 so each drip would need to be 0.81 ml to fill the bucket

One teaspoon is 5 ml, so do you think 6 drips would fill a teaspoon, try it and see.

Upvote 0
actually, i had a drip once per minute from main stop-cock once, situated in my dining room ithat had a nice new £500 wool rug on the floor. thought id leave it untill i came back from florida in 2 weeks time.
when i returned there was about an inch and a half of water over the rug-which ruined it.
moral is ; time and tide wait for no man, get it fixed.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
For a drain valve?
Replies
Views
  • Question
I used wd40’s silicone spray version
Replies
Views
  • Question
How is the tank fed ? As the both pipes...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Take it back to the shop.
Replies
Views
Back