Would it be easier to just replace the pipework | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Would it be easier to just replace the pipework in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

A

alowndes

Hello,

We're in the midst of a kitchen refurb and as to be expected, unexpected issues have occurred. We were not planning to need any major plumbing work, just a new sink fitted which we planned to do DIY.

However our builder has since drilled through the pipe running from the boiler upstairs to the hot water tap downstairs. He performed a fix but did not solder so we think this may need looking st again. Since this incident 2 leaks have appeared on the existing pipe work in the kitchen, which is localised to one corner. Would it be better to replace all the pipe work or just fix the leaks? Any advice appreciated and if anyone has an idea on costs that would be amazing.

image.jpg

Cheaper and neater in the long term to get a qualified plumber in to do a complete replacement of the pipe work including a new stopcock. Then you can get the plasterer to finish down to the floor. Do a proper job.

Welcome to the forum's alowndes....as stated above best to renew at this stage...where are you based you could post in the I'm looking for a plumber section and see if one of the Guy's/girl's on here will come and give you an estimate/quote for the work. Regards Turnpin:welcome:

If you are having issues now, then for your own peace of mind I would get it replaced while it is easily accessible. Right now, it is relatively straight forward. Once a new kitchen is in, should the worst happen, it will become much more costly to rectify any problems.

Thanks for all of your replies, I thought that would be the case...you've given me the ammo to convince my husband who thought a quick fix was all it needed :willy_nilly:

Similar plumbing topics

B
  • Question
Tbh give them all a good flush / run you will...
Replies
Views
Alpha 2/3 manual. Shows variant with air...
Replies
Views
Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
I suppose the other question I forgot to ask...
Replies
Views
Back