Would my boiler pass gas saftey cetificate with the front hanging off!? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Would my boiler pass gas saftey cetificate with the front hanging off!? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stewartakaj

Hi Everyone new to the forum.

Ive just started renting a property one of the things i noted when viewing is that the control panel of the boiler is hanging off. They said it would be sorted and that they needed to get a gas safe certificate. So they got the certificate and i got the keys assuming the boiler would be fixed. But this was not the case they had just tapped it up! over the controls and after a few hours it had fallen off and is now hanging by the wires. Surly this cant be safe??? Its right above the kitchen sink so cant be safe at all! When i mentioned it to the estate agents they got arsy and said its got a certificate! Would a qualified boiler engineer pass this? What can i do o force them to make this safe? Any help would be appreciated!

(Will upload some photos tonight!)

Hi Everyone new to the forum.

Ive just started renting a property one of the things i noted when viewing is that the control panel of the boiler is hanging off. They said it would be sorted and that they needed to get a gas safe certificate. So they got the certificate and i got the keys assuming the boiler would be fixed. But this was not the case they had just tapped it up! over the controls and after a few hours it had fallen off and is now hanging by the wires. Surly this cant be safe??? Its right above the kitchen sink so cant be safe at all! When i mentioned it to the estate agents they got arsy and said its got a certificate! Would a qualified boiler engineer pass this? What can i do o force them to make this safe? Any help would be appreciated!

(Will upload some photos tonight!)

from your description no it does not sound safe.

Ring the agent back and tell them you or someone very elderley/child has just had a belt off it and are in a bad way and you will be seeking legal advice within hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to the holiday snaps you'll be posting up later on ...

if the part hanging of is just a cover to the controlls its not a major problem however now youve mentioned wires it becomes at the least at risk possibly imediately dangerous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
Nothing other than a pain to work on not...
Replies
Views
Pump/feed/expansion are piped/in wrong...
Replies
Views
There's nothing wrong with external boilers...
Replies
Views
Back