Would you do a large job like a luxury kitchen installation for your parents? | General Plumbing Jobs Discussion | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Would you do a large job like a luxury kitchen installation for your parents? in the General Plumbing Jobs Discussion area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
My folks have asked me to do a £12k kitchen installation for them soon. Was wondering what other people feel re doing big jobs like this for family. I'm a bit nervous as my dad is one of those who likes to tell people how to do their job!!

Hahah I would but I'd hate it. Love jobs eh. I'm still finishing my sisters bathroom, been doing it for 6months.

Just make sure you get paid ! You cant be their for free and if you aint gettin paid you will cut corners ! And you cant get motivated so you will be their for months !

I would done my parents boiler and helped a bit with the kitchen but my dad did most on his own

Yes but we do kitchens also and have a very good chippy on the team. A must!

Put it this way, at least you'll know the plumbing is right! ;)

I would. If you've never done it before – it could be tricky… Make sure everything is level and plumb. Hope you’ve got a good level...

I would do it and bring in the joiner for the worktops. But I wouldn't do it for my parents. No way.

Happy with doing kitchens, I do quite a few tbh. They would go off on holiday for 3 weeks and leave me to crack on with it all.

If they aren't going to be there whilst its being done then it won't be so bad. I couldn't do that with my ad over my shoulder. As much as I love him his little comments would push me over the edge!

I'm gonna be plumbing in my parents extension soon. Dreading it. Already had a go at the builder for putting drains in the wrong place lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yes or they do an extra tank so brings it upto...
Replies
Views
It would cost quite a bit to move the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
Can you give some more info? National company...
Replies
Views
Back