Would you fit something like this to tiled non solid wall? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Would you fit something like this to tiled non solid wall? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean a stud wall?

I've fitted then to plasterboard stud walls in the past without a problem. Where I get chance I'll add a stud or timber behind to screw into but have done it without. Remember the silicone will help to bond to the tiles and the weight will be partially supported by the bath for the majority of the time.

I've done it before. Not keen on it as I would rather have a stud to fix to.

As said the design of it will mean most of the weight will be taken by the bath on the first section that doesn't move the screws will mainly hold it upright.

Prefer timber behind, but if not I wouldnt be too concerned. Its not pivoting on the wall.

Thanks chaps. That's what I thought but I can count number of shower screens I've installed on 3 fingers so good to get the nod from those in the know.

While I've got you, presumably a one man job? I did an enclosure once that I was damn glad I had a second pair of hands but this looks less of an issue.

Usually there's a Chanel that screws to the wall and then you fit the glass to that easy'r with two but not difficult for one man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back