WP at boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss WP at boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Koogatubac

So am i the only one who turns the boiler OFF when im unscrewing the screw to find the WP at the boiler?

Alot ive seen leave the boiler live and unscrew, creating gas to escape when the electric is live in the boiler

Or am i just being too cautious?

Depends on the time you take to get your hose on and how close to it you are with your ***. I mean if you slacken the screw then your mate rings you and you disappear on a weeks bender, Houston there might be a problem when you get back.

Do it right and turn it off. Maybe safer turning the "live" electric off at the fuse box too :smile:

The gs inpspector will probably expect you to isolate the gas suply to boiler before connecting hose its not as if its hard work , just case get into habit of doing it .

I isolate like you kooga,id rather forget to turn gas back on than forget to tighten screw

Always test em with ldf when removed rubber and tightened screw just to make sure they aint passing.

Always live unless a difficult p1 to get to. Takes 2 seconds max.

It's boring lighting pilot 3 times, takes so much time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

O
I have not seen a Horstmann boiler, in the...
Replies
Views
new p.h. ex. that will be alot cheaper than a...
Replies
Views
Thank you. I will give it a turn later on and...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Yep that uses the ideal valves common issue...
Replies
Views
Back