wrcester combi | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss wrcester combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Got a worcester combi 24 i going on an s plan system ,

Wiring into the boiler obviously live ,neutral ,earth

Have the r stat wires but then have an external control wire .

What point does that terminate into in this boiler

LR is the switch live from external controls.

All external controls should be fed from the live and neutral out put connection within the boiler. remove the Link between L 230V out and LR with rad symbol and this terminal is your switch live (live return). If the external controls are not fed from the L-N 230V out connection so are protected by the boilers internal fuse this could void the boilers warranty/guarantee if you have a particularly diligent Worcester Bosch "engineer". LR with the tap symbol is really only for Worcester controls that have the hot water pre heat function so your not wasting 20L of water before the hot comes through.

As you are wiring it for use on a S plan then it should all come back to the rad LR. The combi hot water side will be unaffected.

I have an old valiant vcw coming out tomorrow , its on a system with an unvented hot water cylinder, 2 x zone valves wiring centre etc etc .

In the vcw their is a wire saying its neutral to external controls.( its in terminal 5 on vcw)

Where does this terminate on the new wozzie combi .

Probably wasn't that clear earlier

worcester controls.PNG
I have an old valiant vcw coming out tomorrow , its on a system with an unvented hot water cylinder, 2 x zone valves wiring centre etc etc .

In the vcw their is a wire saying its neutral to external controls.( its in terminal 5 on vcw)

Where does this terminate on the new wozzie combi .

Probably wasn't that clear earlier

N 230V out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
Thanks Shaun I will have a go at it on...
Replies
Views
Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Great cheers 👍🏻
Replies
Views
Back