Y 22mm Strainer / Filter & Boiler Flush | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Y 22mm Strainer / Filter & Boiler Flush in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wildhorses

HI All wondering if anyone can help with the following Q's

I've an Open Vent Central Heating System with a heat only boiler, if I were to fit a 22mm Y strainer in there would the best place to put it be on the reverse rather than then flow. I only want to put the filter in for short periods so when I'm done can I remove the strainer from the Y and just put a blanking plug on it? hence not causing any restriction again.

i.e. when you take the plug does the whole strainer basket come out with it or is any mesh left inside

How much restriction do these actually cause?

Also can any damage be caused to a boiler by reverse flushing it

thanks

He means a Y strainer.

Be better with a system filter. Take your pick from the many available.

He means a Y strainer.

Be better with a system filter. Take your pick from the many available.

I mean one of these CHECK VALVES & STRAINERS & DRAIN COCKS

I have not got room for a system filter (i'd have to remove by kicthen cabinets or install it inside the cabinets!) ( but can squeeze a Y in, if anyone knows how these come apart can you let me know please

thanks

I would say these would get blocked quite quickly with central heating. if you can get this in try a TF1 mini filter or magnaclean mini filter, better then these I would say

A Y strainer will block quickly and lead to no flow. You need 2 valves either side of the filter to enable it to be cleaned so it takes up a fair bit of space length wise.
System filters are designed to allow the flow to bypass the filter if it blocks. Easily cleaned.

These are about the smallest, spirotechs are slightly deeper.

Sentinel-System-Filter_large.jpg

If Your that tight for space dont fit one just powerflush and inhibit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
That's what I was hoping, looks like a good...
Replies
Views
Then yes running 24/7 and no control don’t...
Replies
Views
The radiator heating temperature for a...
Replies
Views
WPJ Plumbing
W
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Back