Y Plan, no hot water but heating is working when called | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Y Plan, no hot water but heating is working when called in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi everyone,

Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is there something else I’m missing, any help be much appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_1237.jpeg
    IMG_1237.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 60
Are you getting 240v when hot water is calling eg orange ?

Attachments

• IMG_8712.png
    IMG_8712.png
    447.7 KB · Views: 54
This schematic may help.
On HW only, the orange wire will only have 230v because its back fed from the cylinder stat "call" contacts.
1713856215618.gif

Looks that way, a multimeter would tell alot, you will get some idea if its the cylinder stat if theres a click when you turn it up and down.

Similar plumbing topics

Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
John Thank you for all your help, changed the...
Replies
Views
N
What was the reason for changing the head? I...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
76 Views and not one single "expert" has...
Replies
Views
Sounds like a wiring fault, need to fault find...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back