Zero Lead Brass Compression Fittings | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Zero Lead Brass Compression Fittings in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

M

mclintan

I understand that, at least in the USA, the term "Lead Free" means "not more than a weighted average of 0.25% lead when used with respect to the wetted surfaces of pipes, pipe lead-free compression fittings, plumbing fittings and fixtures."

In other words, Lead Free does not necessary mean Zero Lead.

Are zero lead brass compression fittings available in the UK, and how do I identify them?

Thanks everyone!

Wras / water regs approved

Wras / water regs approved
Thank you for your reply. But that just does not appear to be the case. See here for a WRAS approved valve - valve body "CW602N Brass". Per here, "The CW602N / CZ132 dezincification resistant brass (DZR Brass) is essentially a leaded arsenical brass with a duplex structure." Lead 1.7-2.8%.

I am after 0% - zero lead, not low lead.

You won’t get it due to how brass is it’s the chemical make up in the foundry

Doubt it's an issue as an alloy in a strong fitting. Not like a piece of old lead pipe getting bashed.

Interesting if someone could measure. Perhaps depends on your water type?

Cheers,

Roy (amateur)

Thank you for your reply. But that just does not appear to be the case. See here for a WRAS approved valve - valve body "CW602N Brass". Per here, "The CW602N / CZ132 dezincification resistant brass (DZR Brass) is essentially a leaded arsenical brass with a duplex structure." Lead 1.7-2.8%.

I am after 0% - zero lead, not low lead.
Is there a particular reason for this?

Similar plumbing topics

D
  • Question
Looks like your attempting to put a plain 3/4...
Replies
Views
Just like I like my lamb ;):D #DiksleksiaRooles
Replies
Views
Welder
W
Back